free website stats program code B2119 | Harley Davidson Forums

code B2119

nascar7613

2016 Sportster 48 will run for a few minutes then quit. The starter will turn the engine over, but will not start. Going into diagnostics it shows code B2119, fuel pump overload.The manual says to make sure it has fuel, which it does, then disconnect the fuel pump harness, clear the code and turn the ignition on and see if the code returns or not, which it doesn't, and if that's the case it says to replace the fuel pump. The problem is the code does not set unless you start the bike. I can clear the code and it will not reset with the fuel pump connected or disconnected until I start the bike. There is also a test that has you check the power wire to the fuel pump for being shorted to ground, which I did and it is not. At the end of the test it says if you didn't find the problem replace the BCM. Well, they are kinda pricey not very common for them to fail. Hate to lay out $350.00 and still have the same problem. Anyway, if anyone that see's this has been through this problem your input would be helpful.

Sounds like a bad connection at the fuel pump plug. Can you hear the fuel pump run and stop, every time you turn the ignition on. I have also heard of a bad engine temp sensor causing the same problem. Do You Have a HD service manual for your bike.

Sounds like a bad connection at the fuel pump plug. Can you hear the fuel pump run and stop, every time you turn the ignition on. I have also heard of a bad engine temp sensor causing the same problem. Do You Have a HD service manual for your bike.
I have both manuals for it. The fuel pump comes on with the key, has 55 psi and holds, it seems like it is either something wrong in the fuel pump or the BCM, but I am not sure, could be the wiring,I can't see anything wrong with the wires or the connector,

I have both manuals for it. The fuel pump comes on with the key, has 55 psi and holds, it seems like it is either something wrong in the fuel pump or the BCM, but I am not sure, could be the wiring,I can't see anything wrong with the wires or the connector,
It turned out to be the fuel pump. Bought an aftermarket fuel pump from the fuel pump factory instead of buying the whole assembly, which is the only way Harley sells it, and she's fine now!

Back