free website stats program Code 56 2000 EGC | Harley Davidson Forums

Code 56 2000 EGC

nfbmp

I just pulled a Code 56 using the engine light. It refers to the cam sensor and the crank sensor needing replacement. There are no evident problems with the bike except for the engine light. Is it possible that both sensors failed at the same time? Is there a way to clear the trouble codes other than the scan tool or the 50 start procedure?

How about a power lead for the two sensors going out. No other way aside from what you mention other than the dealer.

Glider/Re: Code 56 2000 EGC

Thanks for the info Glider. I also found more of your info in the help section. Could you explain what you mean by "How about a power lead for the two sensors going out." I'm somewhat savvy but did not completely understand what you mean.

Thanks again Glider.

Jim
Stony Point, NY

Jim

The sensors require 5 volts DC to operate and send info to the ECM. Without power supplied to them, there's no way of them sending the signal to the ECM. Check on the wires at the sensor if they are getting the power to operate.

Glider, Update on that Code 56. It cleared itself after 50 starts, I didn't count them I just rode. In the HD Manual flow chart, it states that if the battery is below 12.6 volts that could cause that code. Well, a while back I wasn't riding that often and did not use the battery tender, so my battery did run down. All is fine now. Thanks again for the help.
Jim

If you ever get east, I'll buy you a Stella.

Glad you squared it away now. It can be a pain with that light lit while you ride.

I am east:D North east but north of you.

Back