free website stats program Clutch problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch problem

izzy

hi there, i have a 1996 roadking that is giving me issues with the clutch. i've recently replace the drive belt on my bike which made me remove the primary case. after i finish the install i've notice that my clutch engages even though i adjusted it just like in the video. it feels like if i was riding an automatic. have i done some thing wrong? i need help.

thanks!

Re: Clutch Adjustment Video

after i finish the install i've notice that my clutch engages even though i adjusted it just like in the video.
thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

You have me confused. Your clutch should engage. Do you mean all the time? If so how is that like an automatic?

Actually create a NEW thread and you will get more answers/help

Last edited:

this is what happens when i ride, start in neutral, hold clutch in, shift gear and then the bike starts to roll forward. when i ride and come to a stop i'm not able to shift out of gear. could my clutch be worn out? poor adjustment?

sounds like not disingaging...clutch disks not seperating

this is what happens when i ride, start in neutral, hold clutch in, shift gear and then the bike starts to roll forward. when i ride and come to a stop i'm not able to shift out of gear. could my clutch be worn out? poor adjustment?

Izzy, Trust me on this. Start an entire New Thread under the bike you own and you will get a ton of help. Your in "Self Help" area right now.

what causes that? what would i need to do next?

thanks for your help!

I would take that clutch apart again and check all the plates and release mechanism, it sounds like the clutch plates are hanging up and not releasing properly

what weight of tranny fluid you using?

Back