free website stats program Clutch Noise | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch Noise

i'l have to check that as well i guess. Thanks, I wouls think those componants would last more than 40k miles. i guess i could throw a six speed on and replace all the primary side that should take care of it.

i'l have to check that as well i guess. Thanks, I wouls think those componants would last more than 40k miles. i guess i could throw a six speed on and replace all the primary side that should take care of it.

When my tranny started acting up, I replaced it with a 6-spd. I wanted a 6-spd on the bike anyway, and the 5-spd acted up giving me the excuse I needed. My horror story on that episode is in the Transmission section. At this point, I am happy with the SE 6-spd, but the system HD "engineered" to cap/plug the old speed sensor hole in the case is rinky-dink. And their reaction, as well as that of the Dealership (Republic HD - Stafford, TX) where I spent the 3 grand was pathetic! If I had it to do again, I would shell out the difference for the Baker DD6. Just MHO.

TQ

Mine had 38,000 when the clutch crapped the bed. Replaced it with the whole kit, basket was warped. At 50,000 was when I did the trap door bearings. The clutch works as smooth as a hot knife through warm butter. Good luck to ya.

Back