free website stats program Clutch lever | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch lever

This is why you need to get a shop manual and start servicing your own bikes for 2 reasons,
1.) Your bike will be serviced correctly and not just pushed through shop at dealer and not have a low level Tech work on your bike.
2.) Save a bunch of money and the time wasted having to return to dealer which can be used to be out for a putt.[/QUOTE]
Wish I had the tools and patience,but I don't.Fortunately their shop is only 14 miles away,or about 15 minutes travel time.I can change oil,but not much else.I would never have figured out my shock squeak,I tried before I brought it in.Maybe after I'm out of warranty,I'll make a grander attempt.I must admit a lot of stuff seems simpler than in years past,and you can find stuff on utube.When the suggestion to check my codes came up yesterday,I was clueless,but after viewing it on utube,I was amazed at how easy it was.

Wish I had the tools and patience, but I don't. Fortunately their shop is only 14 miles away, or about 15 minutes travel time. I can change oil, but not much else. I would never have figured out my shock squeak, I tried before I brought it in. Maybe after I'm out of warranty, I'll make a grander attempt. I must admit a lot of stuff seems simpler than in years past, and you can find stuff on utube. When the suggestion to check my codes came up yesterday, I was clueless, but after viewing it on utube, I was amazed at how easy it was.
So I suggest find yourself a great Indy and keep in mind like you said that the newer Harleys need much fewer repairs and simpler maintenance like the older ones. And yes basic maintenance is straight forward with simple tools.

There is a reason that they do not want you hanging around while they "service" your bike. I call it "beat the clock".o_O I do all of my own service, and know that it has been done properly!

Get a service manual and visit the self help section of the forum as often there is a slightly better way of doing things and over the years forum members have left the best of their knowledge for the use of others

Brian

Is there any truth in them telling me "it's worth more on trade in if the service is documented here." I don't see myself trading it in. If the Mrs. and I do longer trips I might get another bigger bike but this one is right sized for me now. Any opinions?

Is there any truth in them telling me "it's worth more on trade in if the service is documented here." I don't see myself trading it in. If the Mrs. and I do longer trips I might get another bigger bike but this one is right sized for me now. Any opinions?
None,no truth to that.I traded my last bike partially because I neede a 10k service,brakes and a tire,would have been 800-1000 bucks,so I put a 1000 down on a new one.They didn't even care it wasn't serviced.

Depends on dealer and life time Hog Member
If the run a special but watch em they can be sneaky
How much do u owe vs what u will pay JMO

Back