free website stats program Clutch Issue | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch Issue

Can't believe a wet clutch pack is shot in 3,500 miles. I mean it's possible, but you would have to abuse it.

Check the oil and then try a new clutch pack spring for $25 first. It may have a broken spring finger or was overheated and lost it's tension. Not a lot of labor to do it.

it is slipping, I went to my dealer in Mexico City they said that, i have to buy the "pastas" don't know the translation in english, that i have to pay 600 dollars to get fixed, because it wasn´t in the guaranty of the motorcycle, thanks for your comments HDDon

I can't find the translation of "pastas". That would help us figure it out.
Do not be afraid to use lots of words.

Question, have you had regular services at an authorized dealer? If you have it should be on their dime, no reason a clutch should be slipping here I agree you should call the Motor Company on this one, Good Luck and keep us informed

Someone told me that are the 8 clutch friction plates, but today i call them at the repair center in mexico where is the bike and know they told me that a lock is broken and they have to search for it, because they don't have it in this Harley repair center. thank you very much

Yes I have, I left it for service in time when the manual said that I had to do it, the owner of the store said that his mechanic said that was because I didnt put in neutral when I was at a stop light, but I always put in neutral to rest my hand and keep in the best mood my dearest harley.

Someone told me that are the 8 clutch friction plates, but today i call them at the repair center in mexico where is the bike and know they told me that a lock is broken and they have to search for it, because they don't have it in this Harley repair center. thank you very much

Yes I have, I left it for service in time when the manual said that I had to do it, the owner of the store said that his mechanic said that was because I didnt put in neutral when I was at a stop light, but I always put in neutral to rest my hand and keep in the best mood my dearest harley.

This sounds like baloney and should be covered on warranty

Yes you do have 8 friction plates(pastas),6 steel plates(acero) and 1 spring plate(don't know Spanish for that one). I don't know what Lock would break unless they are talking about a snap ring or retaining ring. In any case that should be Factory Warranty work IMO. I very seldom put the bike in Neutral at a stop, I leave the clutch pulled in90-95% of the the time. Even on the old Shovels I had and the had a lot stiffer clutch pull.
tourbox

Yes now I know, and seems that thanks to this forum, the dealer sent a mail to Harley's address and they said that there must be a problem with the "tapa primaria" don't know the translation, something like "first cover"? and they are going to have the bike there for 15 days in order to wait until they receive the part from other dealer *because they don't have it right now. Thanks to the forum you helped a lot because I print your comments, and show them and they took it seriously. and may will be in the guarantee of the bike

Back