free website stats program cluncking noise | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

cluncking noise

I took this bike to the dealer and they could not found the cluncking noise said it might be the swingarm. Has anyone had swing arm problems?

Swing are doing what? Pop those chrome caps off the sides of the swing arm pivot shaft and check the torque on the nuts. On mine, their supposed to be torqued to 50 ft-lbs. Check your manual. Also check the bolts on the top and bottom of both rear shocks. Not sure what else could be wrong with the swing arm!!

If there is something wrong with your swing are pivot bushings (can't really imagine that but ...) I suggest that you upgrade to the True TracK ones assuming they will fit your bike. See this link:

TRUE-TRACK PIVOT

and

TRUE-TRACK PURCHASE

call them at 818 623 0697 to make sure.

TQ

Mine had the mystery clunk and it went away when I adjusted the steering head bearings. I have also heard of guys finding their gas tank hardware was loose, might check that.

I have a cluncking noise that I can't tell were it is coming from that is driving me crazy you only hear it over bumps. Any ideas of what it could be the bike is 2006 Super Glide

I have find what was making the noise!!!

I was looking at the gas tank and the 2 bolts that hold the tank have cap nuts which will not tighten so I change them and the noise is gone.

I had the same problem when going over bumps, the dealer readjusted the neck bearing...no problems since, except for oil leaks.

I have a cluncking noise that I can't tell were it is coming from that is driving me crazy you only hear it over bumps. Any ideas of what it could be the bike is 2006 Super Glide

Try tightening down the two fuel tank mounting bolts. There is one at the front of the tank and one at the rear, just under the seat.

This solved the 'clunking' sound on my '07 SuperGlide. The bolts were snug but still had a quarter turn before tight.

Good luck.

Back