free website stats program close to a deal? | Harley Davidson Forums

close to a deal?

rydahog

Ok so my question is ,,the dealer and i are $500 apart on a bike deal...
What can i use,as leverage, suggestion/ creative financing? to get him to make up this dough so i can close the deal. I was thinking, if not lower price, or raise trade in/// then how about $500 in parts? As it stand now he included $500 off of bike price in lieu of gift card for free gas..any suggestions? thanks ryd:D

The best negotiating tool is the ability to walk away, or the ability to make the other person think we are walking away. That being said, the proper stance to take when push comes to shove is to meet the other person 1/2 way. Take $250 in parts or labor or a direct reduction in price of $250.

they can offer parts and cloths like leather, they have a extreme markup in those areas, it'll get you some goodies and they'll get out cheaper than cash. try that! worked for me!!!
new helmet, gloves, chaps, whatever

Thanks, i was thinking along those lines also.. i have 2 items i am hoping they will go for.. 4pt docking kit....and tall sissy bar, (i have the back pad) approx cost..$320// hd price. will let ya know ASAP.. call him in the a.m.:newsmile049:

Call another dealer and see what they will do. Tell first dealer, Dealer X will do this deal for me. Doesn't really matter to me which dealer I buy it from. Should get first dealers attention.
I actually bought a new car in Columbus OH because Cincy dealer said he couldn't make that deal. Oh well, I got the car for what I wanted to pay.

You could negotiate the 1000 mile service into the deal. That would cover part of it. Although I prefer to do my own wrenching.

When I bought mine from Orlando HD when were at that point (we had $800) I said thanks but no thanks and walk out. The sales manager came after me and I got the bike at my price plus 25% off any accessory I bought that day.

When I bought my Streetbob I left with my final offer, The Dealer called me @ 5 PM to pick up my new bike, I did not need a new one just wanted one, you got to know when to hold your ground IMO

Back