free website stats program Cleaning the chrome pipe | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cleaning the chrome pipe

Ok now we explain why Pledge virus Chrome polish .
Polish has it place. But if you use it to often it can wear the clear on chrome off and over time dull it unless you keep using it.

Smitty

The proper chromium process is copper coating first, nickle second and chromium last which is opaque and the shine you are seeing is actually the nickel showing through the chromium. There isn't any clear on chrome parts.

I find that the old green bottle of liquid turtle wax works wonders on chrome parts and has no abrasive in it followed by some pledge.

Well with all of the Pledge comments I was on my way out the door. My neighbor was outside and we started talking. He had a couple of bottles of Lucas Slick Mist Speed Wax. Tried it, like it and the price was right......FREE. He has a '50 Merc and uses it on everything. It looks pretty slick. I might try the Pledge after the bottle runs out but this stuff goes a long way.

If your chrome gets any rust or corrosion and pledge doesn't cut it... I use 0000 grade steel wool to polish it (its also great for when you polish aluminum)

Well... After using pledge for the first time yesterday..I went for a ride today and Im thinking.....WOW...not only does it look good, smell good. my gas mileage went up and every time I would stop at a light, the woman would come runing after me trying to get on my bike...OH I love it...I cant wait to use pledge on my truck..:D.. ( please dont tell the wife)

Well... After using pledge for the first time yesterday..I went for a ride today and Im thinking.....WOW...not only does it look good, smell good. my gas mileage went up and every time I would stop at a light, the woman would come runing after me trying to get on my bike...OH I love it...I cant wait to use pledge on my truck..:D.. ( please dont tell the wife)

WOW!!!! Lucas is going on the shelf, I'm getting the institutional-size Pledge!!:lolrolling

Sad to go against my buddy Glider, but ever since I started using Pledge, I have been having to replace the brakes on my bike a LOT more often, between all the people wanting me to stop and show them the 'brand new, right out of the showroom' bike and having to use the brakes more often and heavier because of the reduced wind resistance... just an ugly vicious circle! :newsmile07:

Sad to go against my buddy Glider, but ever since I started using Pledge, I have been having to replace the brakes on my bike a LOT more often, between all the people wanting me to stop and show them the 'brand new, right out of the showroom' bike and having to use the brakes more often and heavier because of the reduced wind resistance... just an ugly vicious circle! :newsmile07:

Yeh but, the money you have saved from all that expensive polish and labor to use it, those funds can go towards new pads...:D

And I thought it was just me that had that problem :D

Back