free website stats program Cleaning Rocker Covers | Harley Davidson Forums

Cleaning Rocker Covers

kmoore

I have a 08 Road King. How do you clean the rocker covers? I can't get my hand between the gas tank and the top of the rocker cover to clean the chrome.
Thanks for any input,
Ken Moore

I guess you could remove the gas tank if you were doing a real thorough detailing job and wanted to get at the top of the engine.

Hobbit has the right idea.

I use a paint stirring stick with a T shirt wrapped around it and some pledge on it, fits right in there.

Hobbit has the right idea.

I use a paint stirring stick with a T shirt wrapped around it and some pledge on it, fits right in there.

Glider...I see you are a Pledge fan. My sister and Brother In Law use it religiously. There bikes shine as nice as any I've seen. And they love the fresh lemony smell too. I gotta try it.

Got to try it Doc. I've been using it for as long as I can remember and everyone says that my bikes shine like new.

Got to try it Doc. I've been using it for as long as I can remember and everyone says that my bikes shine like new.

Hey Glider,,what made you start using Pledge in the beginning? curiosity,or heard about it from someone else?

Figured I would give it a try being it's used on furniture and painted surfaces, how bad could it be?

Don't like the streaks with pledge.And yes you can get them out if you really polish.I can look at angle in the sun or light and see the streaks,unless you polish really well.

Don't like the streaks with pledge.And yes you can get them out if you really polish.I can look at angle in the sun or light and see the streaks,unless you polish really well.

Buff it with a clean micro fiber cloth, no streaks. :)

You're using it too heavy. Never had a problem with streaking when used lightly.

Back