free website stats program Cleaning Gasoline from Leather Jacket | Harley Davidson Forums

Cleaning Gasoline from Leather Jacket

BigG

I need some help ! I accidentally spilled gasoline onto my leather jacket leeve. What is the best method to clean it and remove the smell without ruining the leather ??

Got the below from another site. I've never done this, so can't speak to how well it works:

"Option 1: Combine 1 tbsp. white vinegar with 1 cup of water in a mixing bowl. Dip a sponge in the water and vinegar solution. Squeeze out the excess liquid. The sponge should be damp. Dab the sponge on the leather that smells like gasoline. If the gas smell has permeated deep into the leather fibers, cleaning the material may help draw out the odor. The vinegar helps to neutralize the smell, and the vinegar odor will dissipate within a day or so.
Option 2: Place the jacket in a zip-top plastic bag or a cardboard box that is filled with baking soda, cornstarch or clay-based cat litter. All of these powder-based materials are designed to absorb odors. Leave the bag or box overnight, then remove the item and shake off the excess powder."

2 choices

1) What Jack said above
2) Ride faster....you wont smell it:small3d026:

good luck!

Back