free website stats program classic harley sound | Harley Davidson Forums

classic harley sound

shocker

I'm the prode owner of an 03 Night Train. It has stock pipes I want to get the sound that Harley is famous for but not to load. looking at Screaming Egale 2 on ebay. Do I have to buy slip ons to accept crossover or can i go without ? If so how do I install do I have to buy anything else ? And will I have to rejet carb?

The Hobit is wise beyond his years. Dyno that machine dude, it probably needs it anyway. Yes,$$$$ but your efficiency will pay it back in long the run at the pumps.

slipons no crossover carb needs to be rejetted ok got it. do I also have to install high flow air cleaner. How would this affect gas mileage if any affect? One more Q? how much does dyno run ?

Going with the intake will give you a better increase in power as long as there is some fuel added too. The slipons will basically just give you more noise.
The crossover is mainly to reduce the noise out the back a bit in the factory systems but it does have a small effect on power too.

slipons no crossover carb needs to be rejetted ok got it. do I also have to install high flow air cleaner. How would this affect gas mileage if any affect? One more Q? how much does dyno run ?

The Dyno with EFI system in this area will set you back about $250,,, with a carb about $150. You should not have a reduction in milage if you dyno after your add ons, I'd be guessing you may see an increase, depending on how many jack rabbit starts you do once you upgrade ! :50:

Can anyone tell me if part # 80349-00A SE slipons will fit my bike 03 FXSTB and is this a good choice? Not looking for something to load.

Can anyone tell me if part # 80349-00A SE slipons will fit my bike 03 FXSTB and is this a good choice? Not looking for something to load.

That number is obsolete, but they should fit 01 and up softails. If you are buying a pair of these mufflers, read this tip. The fitment is not available due to an obsolete part.

Fitment of SEII Slip-Fit Mufflers on 2004 Softails
With Shorty Dual Exhaust
P/N’s 80339-00A, 80349-00A & 80220-02
Purpose
This bulletin is to advise you that interference may occur between the support tube supplied in the
above kits and a frame mounting bolt on 2004 models. This interference may cause assembly
problems when trying to tighten the support tube.
Action Required
If interference exists, it will be necessary to shim out the support tube using the following bolts and
spacers from your parts inventory when installing the kits on 2004 models.
When installing on a 2004 model, place (2) spacers P/N 6019 between the support tube and frame
and use (2) 3/8”-16 X 2 1/2” long bolts P/N 4719W to attach support tube to frame.
Affected Part Numbers and Descriptions:
80339-00A Screamin’ Eagle II Slip-Fit Slash Down
80349-00A Screamin’ Eagle II Slip-Fit Baloney Cut
80220-02 Screamin’ Eagle II+ Slip-Fit Shorty Dual
Kits of 80339-00A and 80220-02 in H-D inventory will be reworked to add spacers, bolts and new
instruction sheets. Once reworked, the kit part numbers will be superseded to the next revision. Kit
P/N 80349-00A is obsolete with no stock in H-D inventory and has been superceded to 80448-03.

Cycle Shack will sound good, and give good performance....and there is no cross over just slip them on and you have true duel exhaust.:D

Back