free website stats program Clarity Defog It Review | Harley Davidson Forums

Clarity Defog It Review

kzoo

Banned
I have been riding to work anytime the temperature is above 25 degrees F and the roads are not icy here in Michigan. My main problems were my fingertips would get very cold (solved with glove liners and hand warmers) and that my prescription glasses and drop down face shield (Scorpion helmet) would instantly fog at stops.

Did a bit of research and found a product called Clarity Defog It. It is a little white towelette (dry) that you wipe on your glasses and face shield and it is supposed to keep them fog free.

Picked up a box of 3 at Wally World last night for $4, and used them this morning. A quick wipe of the glasses and face shield, put on my Balaclava and voila, I was fog free all the way!@! These really do work! Each towelette is good for about 8 treatments, and I will keep you posted on how long each treatment lasts.

Just thought some of you other cold weather riders may be interested.

I treat me glasses like my scuba mask... spit in the mask (or on the glasses), rub it around, rinse with water, and buff with a clean cloth (for the glasses). Always works for me. :)

Good to know, thanks!

I have found a few things that work to keep fogging down when it is simply cold, but when it is rainy and cold, nothing I have tried has worked.

Thanks for the review! I also have a Scorpion (EXO-900) and it fogs quickly at most stops. I've gotten in the habit of cracking it open as soon as my boots are down. Sometimes when it's cold here (in the 40's) it will fog when riding next to the reservoir near my house. It's a slow ride in the dark 'cause I have to be extra careful and watch for deer. As far as riding when the temperature is in the 20's, no thank you! Wouldn't do it even if it got that low! I can't stand being cold!

I wonder if those products work on windsheilds as well? There has been times when I stop for my morning coffee my windsheild will fog up on me.

I wonder if those products work on windsheilds as well? There has been times when I stop for my morning coffee my windsheild will fog up on me.

As I dont have a windshield, I cant help you there. However, for $4 at Walmart optical, it may be worth a try. They are safe for treated prescription glasses and plastic face shields.

Back