free website stats program Citgo name change =Beware hugo is playing tricks again | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Citgo name change =Beware hugo is playing tricks again

The Citgo name change message has been making the rounds since 2006. It's not new.

I don't know if the Snopes.com information is still up to date, but it notes that Petro Express is privately owned by The Pantry, Inc., which is headquartered in Sanford, North Carolina, and not owned by Citgo or the Venezuela government. It also notes that Petro Express outlets did once sell Citgo gasoline but the company stated in October 2006 that the chain would be phasing out sales of that brand by 2007 and that shortly after Pantry, Inc bought the company it stated that gasoline sales at Petro Express would be converted to Chevron's Texaco brand.

This may or may not apply in the case of Citgo:
People get e-mails from unknown sources and then want to boycott the wrong companies? And boycotting the correct company may not accomplish the goal anyway. Go figure.

I don't much care about the global politics of oil, or what name is on the gas station. What I do care about is the money in my wallet. If the quality is good, and the price is right, it goes in the tank.

This thing about Chavez is right along the lines of the "Let's not buy gas for a day and see how it hurt the oil companies."

Remember, all gas is the same until the 18 wheeler tanker loads it at the terminal. That's were the additive package is added to the gas. It then becomes "branded". It could be Citco, Chevron, Shell or whatever. The tanker then delivers it to the gas station. It may have been refined in his country, but it goes into a storage tank with gas from other refineries. Those refineries could be anywhere in the world.

Sled dog is on the right track here like I said gas and oil goes thru brokers and middle men before it reaches the pump so how can we as consumers make the right choice here

I agree with Sled dog , I am not sure about petro express , but Citgo is definetly owned by Hugo and I will pay more to get gas elsewhere , this is my only point

I agree with Sled dog , I am not sure about petro express , but Citgo is definetly owned by Hugo and I will pay more to get gas elsewhere , this is my only point

I don't think we have Petro Express or Citgo here in California, but I've seen some Citgos in other states and have gotten gas elsewhere due to the Hugo connection. Mobil 1 and Sprectro are the only lubricants going in my bikes.

Back