free website stats program Cigarette Adapter - '07 Sportster | Harley Davidson Forums

Cigarette Adapter - '07 Sportster

Sharky1948

No, I'm not smoking on my Sportster!

Is there a stock or after market converter that plugs into the trickle charger plug and accepts a cigarette plug to power a GPS?

Alternatively, I suppose I can just cut the cigarette plug off an wire directly to a plug that goes into the accessory/trickle charger plug.

Thanks!

Not sure what you're trying to do. Are you wanting to power your gps from the cigarette lighter? In that case I would say just get one from any automotive shop and solder it to whatever you want to power.
If you try to power from the trickle charger plug to the male sigarette lighter plug on the Gps I feel you may not find a ready made one and have to do some diy. Make sure you have the polarity right and if possible include a fuse.

......Is there a stock or after market converter that plugs into the trickle charger plug and accepts a cigarette plug to power a GPS?.....

If your only option to power your gps is a cigarette lighter that'll work. My Tomtom came with a hardwire that goes to the power docking station that I wire straight into the bike. I am also wiring in a cigarette lighter for my cellphone charger. Thus I need more than 1 plug.

Here's what you need to do.
HD multi tap power adapter.
Don't forget to ask HD for 3 spade connectors and 1 more spade cover/lock, as they only supply you with 1 cover/lock in kit and no spades. You can use the spade cover/lock that is already supplied on your bike.
Accadapterkit.jpg

Plugs into this.
AccPlug.jpg

Check your power is there.
PowerAtPlug.jpg

This will give you 3 power plugs.
I am wiring a sealed cigarette lighter style power plug from The Source by Circuit City into 1. A hardwire for my Tomtom into the 2nd. And the third will remain as a spare. Put a 3amp inline fuse in the red wires to each device. Black wire will need to go straight to battery neg terminal. Or as I'm doing bring a single 14GAUGE ground cable from battery neg terminal to under the seat for multiple ground wire plug type connections.

Last edited:
No, I'm not smoking on my Sportster!

Is there a stock or after market converter that plugs into the trickle charger plug and accepts a cigarette plug to power a GPS?

Alternatively, I suppose I can just cut the cigarette plug off an wire directly to a plug that goes into the accessory/trickle charger plug.

Thanks!

Something like this only a male end?

CIG-PLUG.jpg

Something like this only a male end?

CIG-PLUG.jpg

Glider. That IS a male. It goes into a hole.
Sorry to be so graphic.

This is the female cigarette/power outlet. I just cut off the alligator clamps that came provided with mine.
PLUG.jpg

No charge for the sex education.

Yep, you're right and I know that's a male, don't know what I was thinking :hiiToo much sun yesterday maybe?

Glider. That IS a male. It goes into a hole.
Sorry to be so graphic.

This is the female cigarette/power outlet. I just cut off the alligator clamps that came provided with mine.
PLUG.jpg

No charge for the sex education.

Yep, you're right and I know that's a male, don't know what I was thinking :hiiToo much sun yesterday maybe?

Too much sun causes gender confusion?
Remind me to put on a hat!:hii

See my Photo Gallery for a complete list with instructions to attach multiple accessories to your ride.

Last edited:
Back