free website stats program Chrome Switch Housing Kit | Harley Davidson Forums

Chrome Switch Housing Kit

risuperglide

I recently purchased a Chome Switch Housing Kit part # 70222-96B for my 2010 Dyna FXDC! Are these kits simple bolt on plug & play installation or do I need these installed by the dealer?.....:panic

Last edited:
Well, the short answer is that NOTHING needs to be installed by the dealer if you've got your bike's service manual and you're not shy about coming here (HDTimeline) for help if you get into a jam.

Well, the short answer is that NOTHING needs to be installed by the dealer if you've got your bike's service manual and you're not shy about coming here (HDTimeline) for help if you get into a jam.

Great point Dolittle.:tounge My buddy put them on his bike said it took some time but did them himself. Good luck and if you don't have a manual get one asap. Was one of the first thing a bought after I got my Ultra.:D

did a set on a 07 street glide and the best I remember the throttle side is a little tricky but if you are careful and take your time it wasn't that bad a job. Just watch carefully how it comes apart and you will be OK.

did a set on a 07 street glide and the best I remember the throttle side is a little tricky but if you are careful and take your time it wasn't that bad a job. Just watch carefully how it comes apart and you will be OK.

this says it all! also dont forget the cardboard wedge in the front brake lever so you dont mess up the brakelight switch. I just got thru putting switch housings and grips on the wifes sportster took a whole of one hr on the first and then 30 min for the left side! agian take your time watch how it comes apart and it will go back just as easy.

All great posts, just read them all...and add one more...when disassembling make sure you have the area around the bike clean and debris free. There is a small copper wedge spring that may slip out, even after you shimmed the lever and took great care disassembling...you still may see that wedge lying in the bottom of the housing or "pop" onto that nice clean floor... :a and you will be golden...and relieved. It basically moves the brake switch away from the housing opposite that switch nib. :s

Last edited:
Installed these plus switch covers a few months back on my softail. It was tedious but not difficult. Be sure all wires are within the clamshell housings before final tightening, if not you may pinch the wires and cause a short. I was lucky on mine, I only blew a couple of fuses. Disconnect the battery also!
Good luck

Back