free website stats program Chrome shock covers for a streetbob? | Harley Davidson Forums

Chrome shock covers for a streetbob?

Bilgeslop

Does anyone know where I can score a set of chrome covers for the shocks on my '09 Streetbob? I can spend $400 on the shocks that comes stock on the Fat Bob, and Progressive has some options, but they, too are complete shocks. Just looking for the covers...not saying I'm cheap or anything...oh, who am I kidding, I'm cheaper than a pair of chinese made tricycle shocks.

These are great and a good price. Surely you can get something like this in the US

bigclassic2.jpg

Click on this link Hagon Twin Shocks

An alternative would be metallic paint, key here of course is surface preparation, multiple light coats and final clear coating. Can't get much "cheaper" and results will be very good if you take your time.

Is it worth buying covers when hagons are so cheap?

I do not know much about the hagon shocks, but I would do some research on them. Usually cheaper is not always better. You may not like the ride after putting cheap shocks on, not to mention the longevity of them. IMO I would save for the progressives and go that route. I am cheap as well and fret over things for months before dropping the money on them but when it comes down to it, do what is right rather then what is cheap.

Again to each there own and if the research says they are good then go for it.

Hagon are one of the worlds leaders in Shocks and for once Cheap does mean rubbish or poor quality, there fork kits use progressives, Spings, but there rears are built in the UK using quailty kit, i have always used them on custom builds as for longevity most Hagon Shocks will more than likey outlive the bike, ride quality is awesome and if you give them all the specs you want they will custom build them for you - i see you have the link already, the one issue is that the progressives will most likley be cheaper as shipping from the UK could hurt unless hagon have a US importer and supplier

Well said Buddy. Hagon are a quality brand for a reasonable price. I have met the MD. When you buy the shocks they want to know your weight, riding style etc. and fit the correct weight springs to suit you.

Well said Buddy. Hagon are a quality brand for a reasonable price. I have met the MD. When you buy the shocks they want to know your weight, riding style etc. and fit the correct weight springs to suit you.

A couple of points:
1) When I convert the currencies, those Hagons aren't so inexpensive as to make me feel as nervous as I did when I saw a pair of Chinese shocks in the custom chrome catalog for something like $79!
2) They have to be TUV certified for sale in Europe, right? Those standards are MUCH tougher than our Department Of Transportation.

I think I'm going to visit a metric dealer this weekend and see if they can get me a pair. Thanks guys, and fair winds and following seas, Admiral!

Hagon is a well known brand Internationally, though not nearly as well known or as expensive as Ohlins as Hobbit says due to lack of importing resources....

If you go to this link you will find details of north American distributors of hagon shocks perhaps if you contact them they will be able to advise on the best way to get some

NORTH AMERICA

Brian

Back