free website stats program Chopped fenders for Sportsters | Harley Davidson Forums

Chopped fenders for Sportsters

Does anyone think that the Chopped fenders on the 1200N will care over to other models? The back fender with the brake light mounted under the fender and the side mount license plate were selling points for me on this bike. I could see this bike done in chrome and look very cool. What do ya think?

Brian

Brian,

The light you refer to is actually a reflector, The two side lights are running, turning and brake light combos. This bike is old school and mixing "too much" chrome might not work with all the "blacked out" styling, (which I think and have been told by my riding buddies is "killer"!) This baby will become a classic and stock parts might come in usefull @ resale.

Didn't know that about the reflector, was told at the dealership it was part of the brake lights:rolleyes: .:) Learn something new everyday.

Brian

Check this out! My new bike broke down AGAIN!!! Check the charging system carefully before you go anywhere. I don't know yet if it's the regulator or the generator but I've been stranded two times with a dead battery. This sucks!!!:mad:

I had that problem with one of my early sporties went though the whole system twice turned out to be a broken earth wire maybe yours is the same.
good luck.
lock

Turned out to be the factory battery was defective. I always would rather find problems up front then on down the line miles later. GRATEFUL!:rolleyes:

I went on a group ride the other day in pouring rain and the guys behind me said that my bike looked like a jetski because the back tire sends up a rooster tail (due to the chopped fender). I love the look of it and hope that it stays a "nightster" thing.

~owajee

Does anyone think that the Chopped fenders on the 1200N will care over to other models? The back fender with the brake light mounted under the fender and the side mount license plate were selling points for me on this bike. I could see this bike done in chrome and look very cool. What do ya think?

Brian
I don't think they will, the back turn signals are the brake light's. todd.

I have a bobtail fender on my 1200R and I like the look of it better than the fender that rolls down behind the tire, not sure if that's the kind of fender you're talkin about but it flares out w/ the taillight under it.

Back