free website stats program choosing a good lift (jack) | Harley Davidson Forums

choosing a good lift (jack)

Crod23

Ok,

as per my previous post got pipes, got power commander, got se stage one and got tools. Now I need a good motorcycle jack that wont need a second mortgage. Saw too at sear one for $69 bucks the other a pro one (looks just like the less expesive one but comes with 2 tie down instead of 1 and is silver) for $129. I have see a few on the net from $100 to $600. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

There are many available in the different price ranges. Some important things to look for is the size (length) of the lift pads and the bolts used in assembly. Some use grade 3 bolts which I don't think are a good choice being it will be holding 500-800 lbs of a bike on them. You can always upgrade the bolts with grade 8 which is a good safety idea if you buy the cheaper lifts.

The pads range in length from 14" to 17" and I like the longer ones on a quality lift over the short ones that would barely make it under the frame of a bike from side to side for obvious reasons.

Here's a list of the lifts available to shop from. Some have had problems with the sears lifts with the jack going bad.

Bike Lifts - Harley Davidson Community

I just bought an American made Fulton lift on "flea-bay" for $125.00, delivered. These lifts are yellow in color, and very well made. I liked the fact the lifting mechanism is a screw jack, instead of hydraulic. This is a real nice tool!!!!!

I like the looks of this one.

motorcycle-jack-model.jpg

:bigsmiley24:

I was posting a reply when I lost my connection. Hope my original doesn't show up. Anyway, I opted for the Sears Pro for a few reasons: cost, construction (it's aluminum while the standard is, I believe, steel) and as mentioned above, the additional acc's. Some have complained about the release being sensitive, but I haven't experienced any problems. Crod23, being that you're on a softie, you may want to look into frame protectors as well. I feel better staying away from those canisters, if you will, as much as possible. Good luck! :hii

OK I all ready have the only women I want ,so let talk about the lift.
I need one. I now have more time on my hands and can do some of the services myself.
I have two bikes 96 FB and 07 RG.
Tell me about this lift.
I do not need a 1000 dollar shop model and bending is not a problem for me.
This is one of two that intrest me.
I am ready to hear what you think of it and why.

Just google it for some info.
They're about $100.
I don't have one.
I just like tha add.

Smitty, I read the same reviews months ago before I bought my jack. The aluminum jack seems to fair a little better than the steel as far as likes and dislikes from customers. I think another problem was the unavailability of replacement parts. I'm very satisfied with mine to this point and stay well within the operating specs of the lift. Honestly, I believe that these jacks that are comparable in price are really not that different from each other as far as construction and durability. :)

There are many available in the different price ranges. Some important things to look for is the size (length) of the lift pads and the bolts used in assembly. Some use grade 3 bolts which I don't think are a good choice being it will be holding 500-800 lbs of a bike on them. You can always upgrade the bolts with grade 8 which is a good safety idea if you buy the cheaper lifts.

The pads range in length from 14" to 17" and I like the longer ones on a quality lift over the short ones that would barely make it under the frame of a bike from side to side for obvious reasons.

Here's a list of the lifts available to shop from. Some have had problems with the sears lifts with the jack going bad.

Bike Lifts - Harley Davidson Community

Hey Glider, how can you tell what grade a bolt is? Just curious.

Back