free website stats program Chilly in Florida 70* 2nite | Harley Davidson Forums

Chilly in Florida 70* 2nite

Mavagrand

Man, the weather is great here in Central Florida. Hopped on my electra glide and rode to my girlfriends house. Actually had to pull over and put my sleeves on, got a little chilly. I know for you Yankees this must sound funny, but I am used to riding in 80 - 90 degree weather so a drop to high 60s is significant. Anyway, had a great ride. Had the radio off and just listened to the engine purr. Something about that sound of the engine, wind, tires on the road that just melts the stress. Did I mention I love my bike??

Thanks for the weather report.

Here it's 70's if we're lucky for a few hours. Waking up to frost some mornings.
Still love to ride as much as I can though. I've got a great selection of riding jackets and pants. Gotta find the positives.

Boy you're breaking my heart:p Can't complain here too much as the weather has been good overall. Just getting rain now for the last few days temps still good for riding!:D

Temps don't bother me, they've been good here.

BUT, I've been caught in the rain twice in the last 4 days. The windshield does WONDERFUL on keeping the upper "me" dry, but I've either got to get some rain pants or rain "leggings" (from just above the knees down----that's all that gets wet). Tracy

P.S.-- Speaking of hearing the engine purr----brought the bike home from the stealer doing the $255 1000 mile service today, 19 yr old daughter heard some straight pipes on another guy leaving and said mine REALLY needs them. (Good girl)

Newb question----Boot condoms?

I work in the hazmat field and we have slip on soft rubber boots that go on over your regular boots---we call them "chicken boots" since they're bright yellow.

Same thing maybe? Tracy

Hey Smitty, great idea these boot condoms, where ya get them? And tsp45acp I have straight pipes on my sporty, love them

I'll have to check on the boot condoms. I'd like to see them go up high enough to go over the knee. That's all that gets wet so far. Only get water inside my boots from my pants legs (below the knee) getting soaked and the water going thru to my socks and dripping down from there. Thanks for the pic.

They're a lot different from the "chicken boots" we use. Thanks, Tracy

Back