free website stats program check engine light | Harley Davidson Forums

check engine light

whyme1958

need a little direction here, starting my 06 FXDWG the check engine light goes on, then it goes off, comes back on then goes off again, now after the second time it goes out when I start riding about 4 or 5 minutes the light comes back on, now if I shut it off for a few minutes it goes through this cycle once again, now I bought this bike after one of my buddies layed her down on her side, very minor damages, could this have anything to do with the engine light??? if not is there any steps I could take to find out what it is? thanks

need a little direction here, starting my 06 FXDWG the check engine light goes on, then it goes off, comes back on then goes off again, now after the second time it goes out when I start riding about 4 or 5 minutes the light comes back on, now if I shut it off for a few minutes it goes through this cycle once again, now I bought this bike after one of my buddies layed her down on her side, very minor damages, could this have anything to do with the engine light??? if not is there any steps I could take to find out what it is? thanks

04-07 HD DTC Codes and Activation - Harley Davidson Community check here first:)

thanks, is there anyway of printing this out?

Good Question, if you can view it try clicking on file then print, dont know if it will work for you

If the html doesn't print out the way you like it, you can select all the text on the screen by placing your cursor at the very bottom of the codes listing (right before the first member comments).

Then while holding down the left mouse button drag the cursor back up to the very beginning of the code listing. Then let go of mouse and press both the keys Ctrl and C, this should copy the text to the windows clipboard memory. Alternatively you can go up to the Edit menu and choose Copy.

Then open up a text file with Notepad or Wordpad (both windows supplied non formatted text editors) then paste the text (from the clipboard) into the new file either with the keys Ctrl and V or the Edit menu choose Paste.

Then save the file where you want it OR just print it out. Sometimes line returns are not in the text and you have to manually add them it by pressing enter or else it doesn't print neatly. If you have Works or Word then paste the text in them (same proceedure) and it will add the line returns in the printout.

Back