free website stats program charging battery concern | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

charging battery concern

I think he got the message,NOW. Why do they always have to learn the hard way? I don't know much about bikes, but if you want to keep riding it, you better maintain it.
It's finally great riding weather in Canada.
this weekend 23*C(75*F) and his bike is DEAD:

rkc, if your buddy hasn't bought a tender yet you may want to sugest to him to check into a Schumacher SEM-1562A 1.5 Amp Slow Charge Battery Companion. Does the same job as the Tender but only 18 bucks at Walmart.
I know some people don't like shopping at Walmart but at a more than 50% savings it's a good deal.

Last edited:
David

Good suggestion as the Schumacher is a good brand. Just make sure it has the float mode, some call it stand by mode or it will cook the battery. They don't go into float mode and always apply constant power to the battery, it's a tapering charge and never really shuts down completely. They can still be used but only for short periods and shouldn't be left running hooked up 24/7

The battery tender comes in the .75 amp and also a larger one and they both have the float mode.

Battery Charger For Storage - Harley Davidson Community

Battery Companion Product Description

1.5A Automatic Battery Companion With 3 LEDs & Quick Disconnect, Unique Automatic Battery Charger Maintains Both 6 & 12V Batteries Keeping Them At Full Charge Using Float Mode Monitoring, Perfect For Charging Small Batteries, Great For Maintaining Small & Large Batteries Kept In Storage, Motorcycles, Classic Cars, TVs, Boats, 1.5A Charger & Maintainer, Automatically Switches From Full Charge To Float Mode Monitoring, Quick Disconnect Harness, Snap Either Connector Into Place In Seconds, Use The 50A Clamps Or Permanently Attach The Ring Connectors, Great For Hard To Reach Motorcycle Batteries, LEDs Indicate Charging, Charged, & Trouble, Reverse Polarity Protection.

Back