free website stats program Changing wheels | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing wheels

chilout

Hello all, just wanted to introduce myself to the forum and mention that this is my first posting. I'm chilout from West Palm Beach FL, a senior riding an 04 1200XLC, looking for some info about changing the front wheel on my bike.
I see a lot of 19" mag wheels on ebay that state they will fit both Dyna and Sportster bikes. When I asked the Harley dealer he tells me that is not so, that I would have to make sure I get the right wheel to be able to install it. I am interested in changing out my stock 21" spoked wheel for a 19" , 13 spoke mag wheel. I would like to know what to look for to be able to adapt it to my bike. Also, what is the largest size tire I can use on the 19" wheel? Any help will be appreciated. Nice meeting all of you.

chilout

Thanks Hobbit. Appreciate the quick response from someone with a good reputation who's previous responses to other inquiries I've read. I'll be looking forward to an educating experience here at the forum.

I run a 110/90-19 on my spoke front wheel. The Avon website has tire fitment for rim size. I called the rep and he was very helpful as far as fitment
and handling questions. I did have to spread out the sides of the fender so it would fit. I really like the larger tire for looks as well as better handling. It
also filled up the upper space between the fender and the top of the tire. I think the rim width on the mag wheel is the same but I would check it to be sure.

Hello there Goshhawk, You say you have a 110x19. I was wondering if you have any pics? Thanks for the reply.

Chilout

Back