free website stats program Changing the baffles | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing the baffles

I talked with the nice folks at Rush today. According to them, that particular slip-on will accept up to a 2.25 baffle. He assured me that the 2.00 will be fine without any other fuel/air adjustments. The part# is indeed 142012. Thanks once again for expert advice!

I have been looking at the same pipes you are currently running. How much louder than stock are they? In your opinion, are the sound bytes on the Rush website a true indicator of the sound? I'm undecided on going with the 1 3/4" or 2". I'd like a little louder than stock but not too loud.

Thanks

Nice bike BTW:s

They are a fair amount louder than stock. However they obviously aren't loud enough for me, since I'm going to the 2.00.
I'm currently running no baffle until these arrive so it's pretty dang loud now but I like it....I'll be glad to give you an opinion when I install them.
The websites in my opinion are hard to get an accurate level. I do like the Rush pipes though, can't beat the sound for the money.

Oh, I like your taste in motorcycles as well...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2011 Heritage Softail Classic with Rush slip-ons (slash down) with 2" baffles and they are awesome. I would estimate them to be at least 50% louder than stock pipes. A nice powerful crack on start-up which I like and they mellow out on idle and say hello when you crack on the throttle. Love going under rail road bridges and cracking on the throttle the sound is wicked pissa ;-)

Back