free website stats program Changing slip ons | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing slip ons

Just bought a set of pipes for my bike. From American custom. Will it be easy for me to swap them out next week. And I have been told just changing exhaust won't mess up the computer on my bike. Is this for sure? Will the bike run all right.:s

Just bought a set of pipes for my bike. From American custom. Will it be easy for me to swap them out next week. And I have been told just changing exhaust won't mess up the computer on my bike. Is this for sure? Will the bike run all right.:s

since your scoot is '10 it shouldn't be that hard to pull your OEM muffs off and put your new ones on. Before you do - clean the end where the new slips are going onto and - JMO - wear a pair of cotton gloves when putting the new ones on or make sure you wipe them down real good before you start the bike. And , no , putting on new slips will not mess up your bike.

Thanks for the advice guys. I just cant stand how quiet the stock pipes are. I also bout baffle inserts to be able to quiet it down if it is to loud.

If you put some copper grease round the end of the header pipe in the area that the silencers slip over should help them slip on but more important it helps prevent them from getting stuck on there so easier removal in the years to come

Brian

If you put some copper grease round the end of the header pipe in the area that the silencers slip over should help them slip on but more important it helps prevent them from getting stuck on there so easier removal in the years to come

Brian

Copper grease or antisieze, will help seal and make the install a bit easier, a little lube goes a long way:s

I could be wrong but I don't think slip ons using the stock headers will be too loud... I just put V&H dresser duals head pipes and V&H fish tail slip ons on my 2010 flhrc and couldn't be happier with both the look and the sound,, I had to install a power commander V too to make it work and installed several maps before I found one that worked well but the outcome was woeth the time and money :D oh yeah I added a Screamin Eagle eliminator breather too,,,

default_1_634175226990000000.jpg

I could be wrong but I don't think slip ons using the stock headers will be too loud....

That all depends on the slips a person puts on his/her scoot!!! I put V&H's tapered slash-cuts on my 07 Ultra with stock header pipe and she is plenty loud enough for me. Can hear her arumblin' goin down the super slab at 75/80 mph listening to the radio. D

Copper grease or antisieze, will help seal and make the install a bit easier, a little lube goes a long way:s

I pulled my rear wheel off last night and had to remove the upper slip on. It was very difficult to remove, I will be using antisieze when it goes back on. I noticed the pipe at the cylinder moved around while I horsed the muffler off. Will this create any leak issues at the cylinder?

I am thinking of reversing the axle so I do not have to remove the pipe the next time. Is this OK?

I pulled my rear wheel off last night and had to remove the upper slip on. It was very difficult to remove, I will be using antisieze when it goes back on. I noticed the pipe at the cylinder moved around while I horsed the muffler off. Will this create any leak issues at the cylinder?

I am thinking of reversing the axle so I do not have to remove the pipe the next time. Is this OK?

Always re check and torque the head pipes @ 10 ft lbs when working on the exhaust and you should be good:s

Back