free website stats program Changing seals in front calipers | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing seals in front calipers

03king

Ive got to change the seals in my front calpiers.Have a few frozen pistons i usually had good luck getting them to move but they have gad it.Thinking of getting new seal kit for $13 bucks.And cleaning the pistons real good.Anyone have advice or tricks.Do i have to remove break line,banjo bolt.

Thinking of getting new seal kit for $13 bucks.And cleaning the pistons real good.

Wow, where do you get a seal kit for $13? On my 2009 you have to buy the pistons to get the quad seals at the tune of $55 per piston! As far as my bike goes, it would be cheaper to buy a caliper then go to Harley for the seals.

Last year I had to buy a new piston for a banna style caliper. It cost over $100 plus the seal kit.
Ken

Wow, where do you get a seal kit for $13? On my 2009 you have to buy the pistons to get the quad seals at the tune of $55 per piston! As far as my bike goes, it would be cheaper to buy a caliper then go to Harley for the seals.

That's a median price for "pre Brembo" seal kits. They go from $9 up on the net.
A tiny advantage for owning an older bike. :newsmile093:

That's a median price for "pre Brembo" seal kits. They go from $9 up on the net.
A tiny advantage for owning an older bike. :newsmile093:

I don't have Brembo calipers. Just ordinary HD calipers. I would like to purchase some quad seal kits. Maybe J&P has quad seals only without the pistons..

A tiny advantage for owning an older bike.

The more that I think about how much that I like my old 2000 FLHC, the more sense it makes to keep it. Cheaper tires, cheaper brakes, nice easy carb. etc. Best part is no payments I guess that I am stuck in the model T days.
Ken

I don't have Brembo calipers. Just ordinary HD calipers. I would like to purchase some quad seal kits. Maybe J&P has quad seals only without the pistons..

My mistake. I thought Brembo's came on all bikes from '08, not just touring.
I see that listings for '09's are for piston and seal kits. Although the pads are different, my searches show the piston and seal kit for '07 and '09 as the same part #. So the seal kit only, for '07 should fit '09, Harley just stopped listing seals only? #44313-01 = piston/seal kit, #44315-00 = seal kit only.

Hoople, I've been cross referencing the above until my eyes are crossed. There's conflicting and compatable fitment depending on where you look.

I've been cross referencing the above until my eyes are crossed. There's conflicting and compatable fitment depending on where you look.

Thanks for the research work Breeze. My piston & seal kit for the front caliper on my 2009 Dyna is #44313-08 which says the part was introduced in 2008. J&P stops at 2007 for just seal kits and offers nothing for post 2007 that I could find.
But #44315-00.! That IS an interesting part number. That may be the one I need..

Now my rear caliper uses a HD piston seal kit #42344-08. This caliper has only 2 pistons and uses only a pair of quad rings on each piston. There is no outside water/sand seal at all.
But the same crazy price here also. To get the 4 quad seals I need would cost me $142.80 for 2 piston kits. There has GOT to be a better way.

Thanks again for tracking down the 44315-00 number. It is worth buying a kit for $10.60 just to see what is in it.

If you find anything that crosses to my rear caliper piston kit #42344-08, Plz let me know.

Back