free website stats program Changing Rush Baffles | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing Rush Baffles

irpete

I have a new 2008 FLSTC Shrine Heritage Softail. I had the dealer install Rush 2" Slip-Ons, Screaming Eagle air cleaner and a Dobeck TFI. The bike runs nice! I have no popping on decel and the bike sounds nice on idle and when crusing. However, I have noticed that the bike sounds a little too loud when I need to give it that extra throttle like up hills and accelerating. So I'm considering a baffle change. I know that the Rush products make it easy to change baffle sizes with just 1 screw.

My question is, if I switch to a more restrictive baffle (from 2" to 1.75") do you think that I will have to adjust my TFI? If so, which POT(s) would need to be adjusted?

Going from a 2" to a 1 3/4" will not make a huge difference in the fuel settings on the TFI. You can back the settings down just a hair (less than 1/4 of a number) meaning barely enough to see the difference in the setting on the potentiometer (pot) like not quite the width of the pointer line on the screw. You'll probably notice it will run better too with a bit more back pressure.

Fuel Moto sells redesigned Rush mufflers with their custom baffles for the 07' and 08' bikes. The baffles are more restrictive on the left side to utilize the stock headers and mimic the stock system. Call Jamie @ Fuel Moto and I'm sure he sell you the baffles. They have been getting great reviews from the ones that have them.

Back