free website stats program Changing Passing Lamps on an '03 Road King Anniversary Model | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing Passing Lamps on an '03 Road King Anniversary Model

o2tangoagn

I recently purchased an 03 Road King 100yr Anniversary Classic, cherry with 7500 miles. One of my passing lights was out. The original bulbs have a black plastic back & two index tabs. The replacement bulb that I bought at the HD dealer in Pocatello is part number 68674-69A. They said that was the proper bulb. It is heavier has a glass back & only one index tab. The (EDIT) thing just dosen't seem to fit. When I replace the lamp door there is about a half inch gap at the bottom of the ring while the other side with the original bulb will close tight. The color has a yellow tinge to it much different from the white light produced by the original. Has any owner out ther had a similar problem? If so what was your solution? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Has any owner out ther had a similar problem? If so what was your solution? Any help would be much appreciated.

Aside from the language you used, I would take the original bulb to the dealer and get a matching bulb.

Back