free website stats program Change the Dash on an 06 Street Bob | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Change the Dash on an 06 Street Bob

this will be a winter mod so time is not that important, no drill press so a se dash it will be if it looks good and same speedo size any help would be great
Thanks Jeff

This is my first post to this forum so greetings from Finland!:small3d009:
I'm also planning to change my dash to chromed version, so does somebody know the part number for that SE dash? I would also like to know P/N for the chrome indicator lights (in dash).

Thanks!

Already found the dash number from the other forum: 61712-08, but still looking for that indicator light number though..

BTW part prices here in Finland are 2 or 3x more expensive (with shipping) what they are in US, so thats the reason why I'm asking instead just going to local shop :s

Last edited by a moderator:
Not the same bike, but may offer you an option. I have a FXDI and disliked the krinkle black dash. I did away with the fuel gauge and relocated my ignition switch to that spot. I also had a little custom paint done to the console.

Picture008.jpg

I have since done custom paint on the tank and fenders. Just sent the console off to have it painted again. The painter sent me this pic this morning.

100_4218.jpg

You could strip off the krinkle black and do something similar.

Last edited:
Hey Sam01, was the part number you listed for that SE dash? I asked my local dealer about a SE dash with the ignition switch hole in it that would fit my 06 Bob and they had NO idea (not surprisingly). Just trying to get some info because I would really like to have my Ignition mounted on the tank.

I called the dealership and gave them the part number. They said they could order it and would be $300.00. They couldn't tell me what fitment would be nor did they have a picture. I wish I had more info as I would have to blindly order the part and hope it was the right thing.

Last edited:
Hey Sam01, was the part number you listed for that SE dash? I asked my local dealer about a SE dash with the ignition switch hole in it that would fit my 06 Bob and they had NO idea (not surprisingly). Just trying to get some info because I would really like to have my Ignition mounted on the tank.

I called the dealership and gave them the part number. They said they could order it and would be $300.00. They couldn't tell me what fitment would be nor did they have a picture. I wish I had more info as I would have to blindly order the part and hope it was the right thing.

Check the price with Zanotti's, bet you save some $$$.Put the part number in this page.

https://www.zanottimotor.com/shopping/pLookUp.php

PN 61712-08 = $196.27

Sam,

The chrome part for the indicator lights is a bezel that is used on baggers. It is a stick on cover that fits perfectly over your existing indicator light assembly. It's about 12.00 US. Sorry I do not have the part #.

Hey Sam01, was the part number you listed for that SE dash? .

Yes, number should be for the SE dash. And what I've read from other forums pricing is usually close to 300$ (SE parts are quite expensive). Zanotti seems to be cheaper. It should fit without any modifications because tank is similar.

Sam,

The chrome part for the indicator lights is a bezel that is used on baggers. It is a stick on cover that fits perfectly over your existing indicator light assembly. It's about 12.00 US. Sorry I do not have the part #.
Thanks Ice, I found it. P/N is 74562-98.:)

I just realized that there's a crack in my indicator light, so does someone now P/N for that also? I think it's pretty much the same in all models...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not the same bike, but may offer you an option. I have a FXDI and disliked the krinkle black dash. I did away with the fuel gauge and relocated my ignition switch to that spot. I also had a little custom paint done to the console.

Picture008.jpg

I have since done custom paint on the tank and fenders. Just sent the console off to have it painted again. The painter sent me this pic this morning.

100_4218.jpg

You could strip off the krinkle black and do something similar.
That is SWEET! What all was involved in moving the switch and does the low fuel light still work without the gage? This is the only erea of my fxd that i dont like but didnt know this could be done. What was the cost, not including your paint?

Back