free website stats program change from fi to carb? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

change from fi to carb?

If your friend is just looking to spend some money that's cool but I really don't see the advantage of the switch. Even if Harley stops making the part you need there will surely be an aftermarket one available. You can probably buy 10 of them for the price of the changeover.

I say put the money in fuel and ride that thing....

Well put Dswartz....

I am a child of the 60's. I grew up on 2 fours, three two's , heck, my brother had a '55 chevy with 6 Carter two barrels! Don't know that they made the car any faster, but for underhood bling, you couldn't want for more. Sitting in my garage is a 1967 Galaxie 500XL convertible with a Ford 6V manifold and Holley carbs. In short, I love carbs! That being said, give me fuel injection every time.
For reliable starting, operation and fuel economy, you just can't beat FI. Have never done a FI to carb conversion, but from what I have read it's expensive. If these sensors go as much as the dealer claims, there will be someone who'll make an aftermarket replacement. IMO, pick up another sensor or two and spend your hard earned money on something else. Good luck.

I am a child of the 60's. I grew up on 2 fours, three two's , heck, my brother had a '55 chevy with 6 Carter two barrels! Don't know that they made the car any faster, but for underhood bling, you couldn't want for more. Sitting in my garage is a 1967 Galaxie 500XL convertible with a Ford 6V manifold and Holley carbs. In short, I love carbs! That being said, give me fuel injection every time.
For reliable starting, operation and fuel economy, you just can't beat FI. Have never done a FI to carb conversion, but from what I have read it's expensive. If these sensors go as much as the dealer claims, there will be someone who'll make an aftermarket replacement. IMO, pick up another sensor or two and spend your hard earned money on something else. Good luck.

If spending a lot of time and money to only end up doing a lateral move, this is also some very good advice.....:s

Back