free website stats program Change fork oil RK 2010 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Change fork oil RK 2010

MityVac can help you get the old fluid out faster, but is not necessary. Just do it like shown in the video found in the link dbmg provided.

The MityVac can not be used to add fluid back into the shocks unless you have the Mityvac MVA6005 16 oz. Fluid Reservoir Kit that can hold the amount of fluid you have to add back in. The worry I have in doing that even with the reservoir kit is that when you pull a deep vacuum on the shock in order to have all the fluid pulled out of the reservoir back into the shock on release of the vacuum, you may get a bit more of the old fluid out of the shock. However, if you pull a deep vacuum a few times while draining, and even add some clean fluid to the top and pull that out with the MityVac, you may have all the old fluid that you are gonna get out of there.

Let us know if you do it this way and how it goes. Might even be worth videoing it and posting it for us to see!!!

Cheers,

TQ

Hey Jack, I was wondering on my Kids RC Trophy Truck, shop said when refilling shocks to gently oscillate shocks to help bleed air out and get fluid into shock to fill properly. Can same be done with forks??????
I say pump the forks up and down holding the front brake on, this will work out air bubbles, it worked fine on the last Dyna of my neighbors

@Jack:
using the syringe to put the oil back in.
The air in the fork tube will get compressed letting the oil in.
11.0 oz/325ml
No problem?
You will have removed the air when you drain the legs, you can leave the schrader valve out til your done, just remember to put it back in when you pump the front end and add air again

Is your fork/shocks air adjustable? That is what Jack is referring to above. If they are not, then you will not have a schrader valve. Not sure what year your RK is. Some of the baggers in the past had air adjustable fork/shocks like the rears do now.

Cheers,

TQ

Flhs had air reservoir for front forks. This model evolved into The RoadKing and the front air suspension was not available, you have NO scharader valve

Flhs had air reservoir for front forks. This model evolved into The RoadKing and the front air suspension was not available, you have NO scharader valve
I know my 1994 Road King front is air adjustable, 1995 also. Not sure when it was deleted.

Back