free website stats program Center Stand | Harley Davidson Forums

Center Stand

RicanGlider

Hello ALL:D

Yesterday I went to the 31st annual motorcycle swap meet in Denver,Co.
This was my first time going, tons of stuff :bigsmiley30:

After watching the demonstration and trying it for my self I was sold, it was effortless, too easy:p
Anyways, I was too exited to install it that I forgot to take pictures, but here is their website, I bought the non adjustable for $179.00:s not bad compared to others.

Center Stands For H-D Harley Davidson Motorcycles By VwowV LLC

I haven't see too many people using center stands but after 22 years of service my body is always hurting, broken Achilles, torn cartilage on my shoulders....

This should help me and the wife when getting on the bike and help keep the bike level for basic maintenance.:p

I saw those in the HD book last week, but they are a bit pricey.
Remeber the good old days when they came on a bike?
(at least on metrics)

I was thinking this would make it easier doing maintenance/cleaning also but would never trust it for parking.On a hot summer day you could come out and find your bike on it's side because one side of the stand sunk into the asphalt/black top.

On a hot summer day you could come out and find your bike on it's side because one side of the stand sunk into the asphalt/black top.

Yeap, I know exactly what you mean, when I lived in South Carolina I did it once with my CB900! :34:

For some reason the motorcycle jack is ALWAYS on my way when am trying to work on the bike, also help assist on loading up when I got a passenger.:p

Back in the 70 's I rode small cubic cc's with a center stand.
Small bikes no problem. I am almost 60 now and not getting any younger. Just wondering what its like to wrestle an 800 lb bike backward and up to get it on the stand.
Any opinions.

Piece of cake Dan!:D

:lolrolling
If I was 20 again.

So ya think it would be hard to put it on the stand...was thinking maybe its another piece of chrome...lol and when ya install a center stand do ya remove your regular kick-stand?..Hope thats not a too stupid question....Thanks and as always I trust your guys opinions...am 62 but in pretty good shape ( for a old man that is! ):rofl

So ya think it would be hard to put it on the stand...was thinking maybe its another piece of chrome...lol and when ya install a center stand do ya remove your regular kick-stand?..Hope thats not a too stupid question....Thanks and as always I trust your guys opinions...am 62 but in pretty good shape ( for a old man that is! ):rofl

Well let's put it like this... at age 30 I had no problem with putting the bikes of those days up on a center stand without a problem, matter of fact I could just about lift it off the ground too, but at this age a few years later :swith the HD weighing in at around 700-800 lbs, I think I'll stick with the side stand.:D

Hello Gang

One of the selling points for me was how effortless was to raise the bike.:bigsmiley12:

I got a 82 Kawasaki 440 with center stand and I almost had blew a seal trying to get it on the stand.

Believe me it's much easier.:p
Now I don't have to work around the cycle jack and the bike is level.:D

I ordered me a new seat, just getting all ready for it.:s

Attachments

• CIMG0062.jpg
    CIMG0062.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 64
Back