free website stats program center stand on '09? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

center stand on '09?

I also have one on my 09 Ultra. I posted the install directions if you search center stand on this site.

How do you guys like the factory HD stand?
I am leaning toward getting that one for my '09 Ultra as well. I am kind of put off by all the WheelDock advertising, etc and it seems that some guys have had their bikes fall over, etc.
Would appreciate an honest opinion on the HD stand. If the Wheel Dock is better, then I'll consider it but for now, I'm thinking the factory has a larger stake in making a quality stand for their 800+ pound motorcycle.

Take care,
Dave

I installed the wheeldock center stand on my 09 FLHTC, mainly because I thought it would reduce the amount of space needed to store the bike (which I usually do on my jack over the winter to raise it off the ground). Also in case of a flat on the road it is much easier to repair on the center stand. The only problem I noticed is once the center stand is installed it interferes with where the jack normally goes. The jack will just barely fit between the center stand and the Jiffy stand, but is too far forward to properly balance the bike.

Wildman9...good observation. Have not heard of someone having a problem with centerstand clearance and using a motorcycle jack. Have others had this problem?

Back