free website stats program CD Player Skips Tracks | Harley Davidson Forums

CD Player Skips Tracks

ezridermn

Hi. I have a 07 Street Glide. My CD player recently started skipping tracks on my mp3 cds. It works fine on normal audio cds. I used one of those lens cleaning cds but that didn't make any difference. I also burned cds that were recorded disc at one time vs track at a time. No difference I still have the problem. I have also tried burning cds on three different computers...so problem.

Does anyone have any idea what I might try. Needless to say I would rather not have to pull the unit and get it serviced.

Thanks,
Bob

Thanks for the feedback. I should have mentioned I tried three different brands of cds. I am thinking it is something mechanical and I have seen posts that say you have to take the player all apart and actually physically clean the cd lens. Needless to say that will be a last resort sort of thing so I am hoping someone has some other tricks I can try before doing that.

Strangely, homemades that won't play in my car play alright on my RG. I would have expected the opposite.

The issue is not with the brand of media. The problem is the home computer CD burner technology. It's a different process than production CDs. If aging memory serves, PCs use light sensitive chemically treated CDs and production processes use laser etching.

Thanks for the feedback. I should have mentioned I tried three different brands of cds. I am thinking it is something mechanical and I have seen posts that say you have to take the player all apart and actually physically clean the cd lens. Needless to say that will be a last resort sort of thing so I am hoping someone has some other tricks I can try before doing that.

Hi. I have a 07 Street Glide. My CD player recently started skipping tracks on my mp3 cds. It works fine on normal audio cds. I used one of those lens cleaning cds but that didn't make any difference. I also burned cds that were recorded disc at one time vs track at a time. No difference I still have the problem. I have also tried burning cds on three different computers...so problem.

Does anyone have any idea what I might try. Needless to say I would rather not have to pull the unit and get it serviced.

Thanks,
Bob
Funny question maybe but.... What sort of temperatures are you riding in?
I had the same problem in a rental car in AZ and the computer shop guy(Best Buy) told me to use Memorex Black. These are like normal 700mb/80 min cd's but as you might have guessed they are black. It did the job for me. Changing computer will not make a lot of difference as it's probably running the same program for the burning. Try a different burning program. I find Nero and Windows a bit problematic but have not had problems with Roxio.
Good luck.

I have an 08' and it does the same thing with mp3's, but not with bought cd's. It has done it since day 1. It's like it is in random mode, even when its not.

Here's my question: If the purpose of being able to play mp'3 files is to choose your own songs and have alot of them on one disc, then how else would you get them if they werent home made????????

Back