free website stats program Cat removal | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cat removal

Get a set of Jackpot headpipes from Fuel Moto. They re-use the stock heat shield and the performance gain is impressive.
WAP.gif

Just did the cat removal on my 2010 RG,got rid off the heat coming from it.Performance is better,the RG ran great before also.Had the stage 1 download,wimmer better sucker,screaming eagle (kerker) fat stick with competition end cap (open)and XIED's before cat removed.Been spanking 103's and others with some mods.I happy without the heat rising up from the exhaust,especially here in Florida.

Find yourself a 2009 header pipe. Not recommended to remove cat especially with EPA getting more involved with motorcycles. You may need the cat pipe. Even in stock form a fueler is helpful.

i also have been thinking of the cheapest way to remove cat from my 2010 FLHRC ..
i belive the 09's have a different size O2 bung then the 10's so its aftermarket headers or cut and drill out cat i think.. could be wrong .but look into it befor you splash out on the 09 headers

I save my headers, you know just in case emission testing for motorcycles comes to Canada.

I use V&H Power Duals and Monster Rounds with a Fuelpak.The Fuelpak is good if you stick to V&H products but if I had to do it again TFI is the way to go(I like to experiment).
If I am heading into the USA I put my stock mufflers on(EPA stamped) and adjust my fuel settings accordingly.

Dave

had my cat removed for $100. running SE ventilator, SE 4" touring mufflers and a stg1 down load. heat is gone from right leg and bikes running good. plugs and exhaust exit is a nice brownish grey

I actually forgot I started this post, and haven`t removed the cat yet. I have investigated it alot and can`t afford a new set of headers so this winter project is to get those little meat monsters outa there!!!! My plan is to cut out a window and grind those puppies out of there..... Cost is 0 my father Inlaw owns a muffler shop so the weld will be an easy one. Currently I`m running VH ovals and SE Heavy Breather with the TFI, runs awesome, with no regrets..

Tubguy

Best and cheap route without removing them yourself is at Americancustom.com. You can buy gutted stock head pipes, and the gutted stock mufflers are awsome. The major heat is gone, the Os sensors fit right in, the sound is great and the power does go up a bit. If you are going to remove them yourself, cut the header in half at the front chamber weld with a hacksaw blade, or band saw. The cat material they use now in not like the porcelin stuff they used in the old days. It's metal, and a pain to get out.

Back