free website stats program Cargo Trailer | Harley Davidson Forums

Cargo Trailer

ckphir0

I am thinking of getting a cargo trailer to pull behind my FXDL,
Any thoughts on best trailer for the price (I am not rich).
:hii

Is this something you really want to do??? Was is the effect on safety going to be??? After some searching a hitch assembly is around $245.00. Then the price of a trailer.

I have pulled one for years. Not a big deal, just be careful starting, stoping, and loading. Depends on how much you are going to use it. Cheap way trailer from Harbor Frieght and a cargo carrier for the roof of a car. Sears, Pep Boys
all have cargo carriers.

I used to pull a trailer with my Goldwing. Never had any issues as far as handling or braking, the only thing is that I lost about 10 mpg. It sure made travelling with the wife a lot more comfortable. It was nice to have the cooler mounted on the front, at the end of the day there was always a cold one in there.
Ken

I am thinking of getting a cargo trailer to pull behind my FXDL,
Any thoughts on best trailer for the price (I am not rich).
:hii

Me too! surly there is someone making them locally around you . around here benn finding nice trailers out of aluminium tread plate and 14in tires for about 1200.00

While not claiming these are inexpensive... I will say, that I've had my current one for 6 years. I did a LOT of research, spoke with a lot of owners of trailers... and finally settled on Bushtec. An American made product from Tennessee... family owned... GREAT customer service. Can usually save money buying at a rally. However, IMHO, I wouldn't even consider a different brand. Good luck!

The ride captian on my last Patriot Guard ride had a trailer he pulled behind a Goldwing. He brings the flags and cold water in it. He said he hardly knows it's back there. I was asking him about it. Wish I would have known or I would have gotten where he bought it etc.

He was telling me he misses his old Road King as far as just riding since the Goldwing is so wide to sit on. But he says he sure likes the durability of the Honda. He's at 178,000 miles on it. Still runs like a charm.

Back