free website stats program Carb Problems STILL | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Carb Problems STILL

Hey Moe, glad you got it running right. They can be a problem sometimes but with enough perseverance, you can usually get it going again.

Unless one doth speak too soon.....

Now it won't idle unless the enrichner is out about half way. warm engine. push the enrichner in it just dies.

Also when I rode it today it idled ruff and coughed a bit but ran fine wide open.
Someone mentioned the enrichner not seated properly. It only goes in one way???

Also when I tried messing with the air mixture screw. closing it did nothing. opening it about 20 turns made the idle speed increase.

??? I own a bunch of guns. Gonna take that carb out back and put some more holes in it.

ANy input? Please?

With it dying with the enriched pushed in that suggests no low speed fuel or an intake air leak. The idle screw not doing anything could be related to the intake leak or a damaged needle tip, even the "O" ring missing on the needle .

The idle speed increasing when you unscrewed the needle also points to an intake leak. Too much air from the leak and more fuel from the idle screw position. Normally it should run richer and slower when you do this.

GOtcha. I sprayed carb cleaner around the intake seals and nothing happened. So I'm guessing this is ok. SO I need to look at the lo speed jet and circuit.

What about the enrichner itself?

MOE

The enricher is a simple needle and jet setup that flows more fuel when it's opened. If it weren't operating right, I don't think you would have what sounds like a lean condition. I would pursue an intake leak some more or the low speed circuit in the carb.

The enricher is a simple needle and jet setup that flows more fuel when it's opened. If it weren't operating right, I don't think you would have what sounds like a lean condition. I would pursue an intake leak some more or the low speed circuit in the carb.

Thanks again. I should have expanded on that. The nut at the end of the enrichner is plastic. I was careful not to overtighten it. Last night reading the manual they are calling that the enrichner seal.

I don't think I tightened it up all the way. SOooo could I be getting an air leak from there?

THANX,

MOE

Don't think you would get much of an intake leak there. I believe they refer to it as a seal because it seals the cable to a degree.

Still sounds like an intake leak to me :D

Don't think you would get much of an intake leak there. I believe they refer to it as a seal because it seals the cable to a degree.

Still sounds like an intake leak to me :D

Well, you certainly are the expert and not me... Yesterday when It was running I sprayed carb cleaner around the intake seals and got no change. SO, where else should I look?

MOE

With no leaks and symptoms you describe, I would check on the low speed circuit in the carb. Sounds like no fuel flowing there.

Hey Moe, glad you got it running right. They can be a problem sometimes but with enough perseverance, you can usually get it going again.

I think I am just gonna shoot the bike. Last time when It wouldn't run with the enrichner out. I took it apart again. I used carb cleaner, 100 pounds of air and a stiff wire.

Put it back to gether and it idles great. Warmed up with the enrichner out and idled fine with the enrichner in. SO now I'm getting ready to take a little ride right? I revved it up and gas came shooting out of the carb, black smoke out the pipe and it DIED!

Pulled the plugs and of course they were black.

I think I am just gonna let it leak gas all over itself and put a match to it. It's insured HAH

I don't get this at all I did nothing to the top of the carb at all.

HELP???? again!!!

MOE

Back