free website stats program Carb leaking gas | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Carb leaking gas

I rebuilt the carb today and it starts rignt up. The big issue is gas is pouring out the overflow tube as soon as I turn the tank on. Any ideas on what I did wrong or what is causing the gas to come out?

Overflow tube? Are you talking about the small diameter (probably black) hose that runs out of the nipple on the bottom of the float bowl and towards the road. If so, this is the float bowl drain line. Close the drain screw (see photo at this post: Carb question - Harley Davidson Community).

TQ

Last edited:
Overflow tube? Are you talking about the small diameter (probably black) hose that runs out of the nipple on the bottom of the float bowl and towards the road. If so, this is the float drain line. Close the drain screw (see photo at this post: Carb question - Harley Davidson Community).

TQ

CVFloatbowlRR.png

I noticed wjen I removed the mail needle that it had 3 small washers under the c clip that is at the top of the neddle for adjustment. What are the washers for and do they fit under the clip? Thanks for all your help.

Are you talking about the needle that is in the slide up top? If so those washers are used to lift the needle out of the jet earlier to richen up the fuel. I wouldn't use more than 2 in this area and remove the extra if this is what you are talking about.

Back