free website stats program Carb cough, CV, just off idle | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Carb cough, CV, just off idle

I'm pretty sure that the further out you go with the mixture screw, the richer the mixture gets. Glider can verify for us, but I'm 95% sure.
(it's the other 5% I'm worried about)
:(

You're correct, you're adding more fuel the more you open it up. If you go more than 3 or so turns open, you need a bigger low speed jet and stand the chance of the idle mixture screw working out on it's own and loosing it.

I have had quite some experience with cv carbs and would like to retrofit a cv to my '06 Wideglide and get rid of the fuel injection. Does anyone know if this can be done by using an earlier ignition module or is there some reason the motor has been changed to prevent doing this??

I have had quite some experience with cv carbs and would like to retrofit a cv to my '06 Wideglide and get rid of the fuel injection. Does anyone know if this can be done by using an earlier ignition module or is there some reason the motor has been changed to prevent doing this??

It gets a bit involved doing this conversion. Different wiring harnesses and other mods are only the beginning. There's the choke mechanism that's needed as well as the sensors,manifold and ignition module.

Here's an idea of what is involved.

From EFI to Carburetor Upgrade Instructions

Thanks Glider. The only hitch I see is they recommend a evolution intake mannifold which is a spigot type. The '06 Wide Glide Dyna engine has a bolt on fuel injection unit/mannifold. I don't know if earlier carbureted Dynas had spigot or bolt on mannifolds. Can you help me here?? AMM also recomends the removal of the fuel pump. Early Honda VTX 1300s were carbureted and had a fuel pump. Would there be any problem with leaving the fuel pump installed and pump through a filter befor the carburetor??I think a carburetor with a tps would allow for spark advance. Maybe??

Back