free website stats program carb changeout | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

carb changeout

weblefty

What Glazier posted is very true. Just think of how much $$$$ you saved by using the JB weld when the engine goes up in flames as you ride down the freeway at 60 MPH. It will be comforting to know the savings you realized by not replacing the carb.

I'd thought of that, but it really boils down to simple economics. I dont have the money to replace it right now. I need new tires and brakes, too. Im willing to risk it until i have the cash. Everyone tells me to get the mikuni, but its $350 and a Keihien (sp?) is not much cheaper, so it will have to do for now. JB weld says it's impervious to fuel, so I m hoping for the best. That little post isnt under any kind of stress so I just need it to hold out for few months until I get the money saved.

JB weld says it's impervious to fuel, so I m hoping for the best. That little post isnt under any kind of stress so I just need it to hold out for few months until I get the money saved.

By chance does your engine vibrate at all being a Harley? :s

If you are in need of that kind of work, I would park the bike till you can do it right. It sounds like a tall order but what value do you put on your life?

If you are in need of that kind of work, I would park the bike till you can do it right. It sounds like a tall order but what value do you put on your life?

Glider is right as usual. You should let my ex wife ride that bike before you fix it :laugh :D :p :s

I also put the two little #4 washers under the needle. It's more responsive that way. Have you tried that yet???

wouldnt this make it even richer than it already is with the 190/48 set up?

I also put the two little #4 washers under the needle. It's more responsive that way. Have you tried that yet???

wouldnt this make it even richer than it already is with the 190/48 set up?

It doesn't make it richer, just makes it get into the mid range circuit a little sooner. (I think). Better for acceleration. At cruising speed, you're probably running the same mixture. I'm sure Glider can explain it better than I can. All I know is it made a real nice difference.

You have the idea correct glazier. Lifting the needle with the washers brings in the different tapers on the needle a bit lower so it richens the mixture at a lower RPM.

Same as you said :D

Back