free website stats program Capt Phil on Deadliest Catch | Harley Davidson Forums

Capt Phil on Deadliest Catch

67hat34c

Anyone see the funeral for Capt Phil Harris?
He was burried in a custom painted HD fuel tank, or at least one half of a tank. Beautiful airbrush of his face and his 2 boys on it. Almost looked photographic it was such a good job.

He was a life long Harley fan and apparently owned a fleet of various HD's and custom choppers etc.

man; you never know how much time you have left. enjoy each day.. never go to bed angry.

I was wondering if anyone here would bring up this thread. I've been following that show for a long time and must say that it really has me. I,like most, felt a genuine loss at the death of Capt. Phil. Having never met the man it seemed strange that it would have such an effect but it did. He certainly was a man's man. We should grab life and live it..

WOW,, We dont have cable, but I watch the show when Im working out of town,, I did not know he passed away,,,, Life is so short, you just never know...

I was wondering if anyone here would bring up this thread. I've been following that show for a long time and must say that it really has me. I,like most, felt a genuine loss at the death of Capt. Phil. Having never met the man it seemed strange that it would have such an effect but it did. He certainly was a man's man. We should grab life and live it..

I felt exactly the same. I must admit that there was a tear in my eye watching. I pray that his son Jake gets all the help that he needs to get well and kick that terrible drug habit. Phil was truly a old school biker and loved his Harleys for sure. Yes life is quite the unknown as you never know when it will end.

Definitely a low point for the series & I hope the boys keep the Cornelia Marie on the Bering Sea. Really enjoyed Capt Phil's interaction w/crew & sons - the tribute show they aired last week was great. Didn't know he made custom bird houses??? I'm sure he had many talents and now the Capt's sailing the heavens. RIP Phil!!!

Also, another note on the tribute show, Capt Johnathan from the Time Bandit ended it with an awesome burnout on his HD, but smacked a pole on the rear bag. He didn't seem to mind & I'm sure Phil laughed about it too...;-)

One of the fishermen from Dutch Harbor that has been on the show a few times was at the Hells Canyon Rally this year. He had a booth set up with a DVD of Captain Phil. Kind of a tribute DVD I think. I got one but havent watched it yet. I got news of Phils death long before it aired on the show as I'm sure most of you did too. I saw pictures of the tank that holds Phils ashes. It's beautiful.

I've never missed an episode of "The Deadliest Catch" and Phil Harris willl have a special place in the hearts of many...including me.

I don't watch much TV, but this show has been Dvr'd since season 1. It is strange how some people you know are genuine and Capt. Phil was definitely that. That tank was a great idea. I looked at my wife and said "that is cool". he will be missed by the viewers I can only imagine how much more he'll be missed by the people close to him... RIP

Back