free website stats program Canadian insurance | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Canadian insurance

I'm in NB, I'm 41, ride a bike for 19 years, bought a FLSTC brand new in 08, I went from 2200$ with my insurance company that I had, Personnal Insurance, to 794$ with I N G, full coverage, make a lot more sense, you have to shop, good luck

As a service manager I have have had to deal with a lot of insurance companys and most were good like Geico , allstate, state farm, some sent inspectors out which was fine, but I don't know if it was just the local agent here in Pocatello for progressive but he faxed me a estimate on the repairs, I told him we are the experts and to matain customer satisfaction and our store's reputation this is what it will cost to repair the bike correctly or he'll have to go somewhere else for repairs. He got the customers ok to send the fuel & rear fender out to their place back east for repair & paint. The bike had less then 1,000 miles on it, the customer should have the bike as good as it was before the accident. Tank came back, color did not mach rest of paint and a note that they could not repair the fender, I ordered painted parts from harley and finished the job. The job took all summer. I would not insure my ex. wifes car with progressive, say no more. Price is important but check out references before you buy. You usually get what you pay.

Chopper, I had a problem with an insurance company once. They wanted to have someone come into the shop where I took the truck for repair to have the windshield replaced. The shop called me telling me about the problem. I took the truck to this shop because I wanted them to fix it. They did the best work. I called the agent and pointed out that if they had not stopped progress on the repair, I would not have to go get the rental, but since they didn't want to let the repair shop do their job, I was on my way to the rental place to get a car on their dime (I drove a company truck & didn't need my truck during the week). And oh, by the way, my shop will deal with the windshield because if there is any problem down the road, I'm calling my guy there and he gets to make any needed repairs as far as any leaks or anything. :s

My repair guy called me 10 minutes later & asked me what I said to the agent because he has never had the agent call him that fast. I told him I wanted him to fix my truck & if the agent didn't want to have to deal with me for every issue down the road, he best get out of the way and let me have my truck fixed correctly. Of course I never had an issue with this shop because they would fix things right.

Chopper, I had a problem with an insurance company once. They wanted to have someone come into the shop where I took the truck for repair to have the windshield replaced. The shop called me telling me about the problem. I took the truck to this shop because I wanted them to fix it. They did the best work. I called the agent and pointed out that if they had not stopped progress on the repair, I would not have to go get the rental, but since they didn't want to let the repair shop do their job, I was on my way to the rental place to get a car on their dime (I drove a company truck & didn't need my truck during the week). And oh, by the way, my shop will deal with the windshield because if there is any problem down the road, I'm calling my guy there and he gets to make any needed repairs as far as any leaks or anything. :s

My repair guy called me 10 minutes later & asked me what I said to the agent because he has never had the agent call him that fast. I told him I wanted him to fix my truck & if the agent didn't want to have to deal with me for every issue down the road, he best get out of the way and let me have my truck fixed correctly. Of course I never had an issue with this shop because they would fix things right.
Customer satisfaction is what service is all about and most insurance agents know it's the customer that signs there pay check every week too, but there are a few losers out there. That why it pay to check reputations. Thanks for the story:)

I have Geico here in the states. My runs $199 for my 09 Ultra for full coverage for a year. I'm 61, taken safe riders course, and have had no accidents, with $500 deductible. We also have multi covered discounts.

Steve I don't know what I am doing wrong. Did a online quote with Riders Plus, $997. I am older then you licensened longer then you and ride a older bike then you. I think I must have a sign on my forehead.
kemo

When it comes to insurance coverage - every company/policy/person will be different. There are many factors involved (i.e. history, age, coverage, multi-vehicle, etc.) so it's best to take your time, shop & compare.

Now, I'm not in Canada & don't know the $$$ conversion. I've been with State Farm for 25 years, safe driver, multi-car, $250-comp/$500-collision, 100K/300K/100K accident coverage & the annual premium runs $294.16. If you friends to our North can convert this to Canadian $$$ - it should be ~$304.89...with the current exchange rate.

And i thought that £160 fully comprehensive was a bit much having gone up from £110 for the previous year did an online search and the best i could find was £350 so i stayed with bennetts on that one but thats set up on an anuall direct debit so if i dont stop them they will take the money anyway

sportster gets cheeper every year but on that one i have to pay them if i want to go ahead seems to keep the price keener that way

Brian

you guys have it good...I'm a Canadian living in Germany on the Dutch Border posted to the NATO base and I pay 1100 US. there is only 1 insurance company who will insure Harleys around here. They say it's so expensive in this area due to the fact that if someone steals your bike here they could be gone and thru 3 countries in 20 minutes and good luck on recovery after that....the germany, Holland. and begium police couldn't be bothered to investigate a report of a non-national....Harley theft is Huge in this Tri-Boarder area

you guys have it good...I'm a Canadian living in Germany on the Dutch Border posted to the NATO base and I pay 1100 US. there is only 1 insurance company who will insure Harleys around here. They say it's so expensive in this area due to the fact that if someone steals your bike here they could be gone and thru 3 countries in 20 minutes and good luck on recovery after that....the germany, Holland. and begium police couldn't be bothered to investigate a report of a non-national....Harley theft is Huge in this Tri-Boarder area

When i was first posted to germany with the british army on the rhine i got a real shock at how much the bike insurance was so didnt take my bike to germany but bought a car instead that was 1983 so it hasnt changed then
wife is german we visit her family every summer so if you se a couple of early 90s harleys passing you in early july with brit plates might be us

Brian

Back