free website stats program can i make 1999 and up front calipers work on my 1996 flht | Harley Davidson Forums

can i make 1999 and up front calipers work on my 1996 flht

readytoride2011

I would like to know if u can adapt the front calipers 1999 up thru 07 & the brembo calipers 08 to present to the front of a 1996 flhtc. Thanks in advance

If you have the P/N on both years series calipers, you can check the fitment on an HD Dealer website and see if it will work on your bike. The main issue I would see on any not working would be if they changed the spacing on the fork sliders lugs. Then you would not be able to use them on a different year range.

Cheers,

TQ

The short answer, yes. The long answer, you will need to make an adapter bracket or find a company that makes one. I have a riding buddy who machined a set of brackets. He had a set of 08 calipers and put them on a 1995 Road King.

Yes, you may need to change rotors as well, if your speedo drive is on the front wheel you will need to check the fit as well, the caliper anchor brackets will probably have to be made, but that should be be fairly easy

Back