free website stats program Can I Do Better? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Can I Do Better?

I know the oil debate goes on and on. I curently have what I think is the best combination, but it has been a bit and wondering if I can do better or am I spot on? In 09 Ultra.

Mobil One V Twin in crank
Spectro for 6 speed in tranny
HD + in Primary

Seems to be running strong and cool. Any new options you think is better at my next service? If so, why?:s

I am running that combo in my 09 ultra. All is well, but.... how are you getting it to run cool? Mine is running HOT

I am running that combo in my 09 ultra. All is well, but.... how are you getting it to run cool? Mine is running HOT

I think it is a combo of many things. Here is what I have done and all play a major role IMO.

Mobil One V Twin full Synthetic Oil
TFI Fuel Management System
After market pipes (Jack Pot slip on's)
Open Air Cleaner (Sceaming Eagle)
Broke in Motor (still breaking in - getting looser every day)

I did notice a difference as soon as I did the stage 1 and Mobil One oil. I think it will get even better with more miles.

I am running the exact same lubricant choices:

Engine - Mobile 1 V-Twin
Trans - Spectro 6-Speed
Primary - HD Formula +

25,000 miles strong. I am thinking about an oil cooler as my next mod though.

I am running Amsoil synthetic 20w50 in the engine, Spectro 6 Speed trans lube in the tranny and Spectro Chaincase Lube in the primary. Seems to run fine and I absolutely Love the way it shifts compared to the break-in trans oil. Much quieter and smoother too.

Mobil one ,amsoil ,redline all great oils. Any synthetic is better than regular oil. Motor will be better protected and run cooler. worth the extra $$.

The only thing I do differently is to run Synthetic B&M Trickshift in the primary. It is made to lubricate an automatic transmission and lubricate the clutch plates. It is also mace for high heat, heavy duty applications. The advantage, is that shifting is much easier, clutch engagement is smoother, and there is reduced "clunk" putting it in gear. Companies like Rivera clutch recommend it also.

Back