free website stats program Can Bus Electrical System | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Can Bus Electrical System

Thanks guys for the info. Now i can focus on getting a sportster speedometer from the same erra. And selling the breakout speedometer.

Do you think if i got a speedometer from the same erra from a sporty or something, that i could just plug it in and go. I read somewhere that some years the speedometer would have to be re configured because of the mileage thing. Not that the mileage would be incorrect that's not that big of a deal but that it wouldn't operate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think if i got a speedometer from the same erra from a sporty or something, that i could just plug it in and go. I read somewhere that some years the speedometer would have to be re configured because of the mileage thing. Not that the mileage would be incorrect that's not that big of a deal but that it wouldn't operate.
The mileage will have to be scanned in by the dealer I believe, some of the functions may not work if not done correctly, case in point my neighbor bought a H D speedo off Ebay, it worked but stayed on all the time he did the install himself

I got to ask what are you trying to do and end up with????????? When purchasing speedo at dealer there is a need of verification of mileage and VIN. If some how you are able to get around this and get used speedo installed, when trying to sell or trade bike title could end up being branded TMU = True Mileage Unknown which is a tremendous hit on value of bike.

This reminds me of when I worked at a gas station in the late seventies.Auto's were getting computerized,and the orange boxes they had could read hundreds of scenarios.It was good bye Sun machine.

I'm just trying to get rid of the dash and mount a 4 in on the bars with a mount for a breakout.ive got an aftermarket stretched tank and handlebars and speedo mount from a 2014 breakout, i have a speedometer from the breakout too but it's can bus. So i thought if i got a 4 in from a sportster or something of the same year or erra that it would plug in and work. I know the pic i20160625_203328.jpg s small but my profile pic is of my 06 night train that I'm working on.

Yeh that would probably work. But iwould still need a 3 3/8 sspeedometer. I have a cup that mounts on top of my risers that holds the smaller speedometer. but i do think i should just probably get a n aftermarket speedometer. I have found some that fits the mount i have. I was just thinking i would like to keep it all harley if i could. The sportster and i think dyna too, have the size speedometer that will fit my mount. But i think i would have to have it flashed by harley because of the year.

Back