free website stats program cams for 103 motors | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

cams for 103 motors

Mr. 08 trikeman:Are we talkin and showing the spec. on the SnS 551 cam? if not, what size Cam and from who.. thanks

This a bolt in cam option for your consideration

Cam specs

Intake Open: 17.5 BTDC
Intake Close: 39.5 ABDC
Intake Duration: 237 @ .053
Intake Lift: .561
Just remember WAY to the RIGHT 0f 30* MANDATES more than a cam change... If you ONLY want a cam change you HAVE to go LEFT for the Power.

39.5 degrees is a Lot...

The 551 cam closes at 19* that is on the LEFT side of 30*

signed....BUBBIE

This a bolt in cam option for your consideration

Cam specs

Intake Open: 17.5 BTDC
Intake Close: 39.5 ABDC
Intake Duration: 237 @ .053
Intake Lift: .561
Just remember WAY to the RIGHT 0f 30* MANDATES more than a cam change... If you ONLY want a cam change you HAVE to go LEFT for the Power.

39.5 degrees is a Lot...

The 551 cam closes at 19* that is on the LEFT side of 30*

signed....BUBBIE

Your statement is incorrect

Intake close isnt the only spec that dictates the level of compression. This cam I showed has a different centerline on both the intake and exhaust. Changing the spread of the lobes allows a lower lift and longer duration which is both quiet and easier on the valve train while still making broad torque over a wider rpm range.

End result is with a good tune this cam will show a increase in torque and be easier to tune.

Mr. 08 trikeman:Are we talkin and showing the spec. on the SnS 551 cam? if not, what size Cam and from who.. thanks

This is not a S&S 551 cam or Andrews or Screamin Eagle cam. This cam was designed and is now being sold by several respected shops as a bolt in cam specifically for the 103" that will deliver a broader torque band which carrys out farther than the 551 cams.

Your stock pushrods can be re-used with this cam as well

I attached a dyno sheet that was installed in a 2009 Streetglide with a 103" for your viewing pleasure to compare. The S&S 551 doesnt break 100ft lbs of torque until 3150 rpms

I find this cam to be weak and underperforming for trike myself....

Attachments

• SS551dyno-1.jpg
    SS551dyno-1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 36
I understand about your new cam. Could you please tell me what size cam and NAME of the company that makes this cam is..?:newsmile105:

Hello again.
Just to let my friendly Advisors know what I finally went for on my Stage 1 setup. I went (after much research)with my mechanic;with a S&S 557 cam,
It is just about between the 551 and the 561-1 cam I was advised to try.
Also True duals,V&H Trike exhaust,Arlen Ness Big sucker AC, and a TTS system and Dynoed by my Local Mechanic. He is in the process of doing it and hopefully I can get some time on it before the (Edit) weather hits us here in Michigan.
Thank you all that gave me some advice and info. Gratefully appreciated in helping us to decide.:newsmile071::ap

Please Click the below link and read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Good choice Stubbs. Those cams should be nice in your Tri-Glide.

I'm kind of reluctant to admit that I didn't notice you had the T.G. until I wondered why you picked Tri-Glide cams. :newsmile026:

Good choice Stubbs. Those cams should be nice in your Tri-Glide.

I'm kind of reluctant to admit that I didn't notice you had the T.G. until I wondered why you picked Tri-Glide cams. :newsmile026:
that's good. glad to hear someone else agrees. yeah, I thought my profile pic. gave it away.:taunt

That cam was made by Lunati. It was a special grind. You may want to check out the new Wyrd Brothers cams being offered by Headquarters Cams. They really look good for our Heavy Hot Rods.

Diesel

Back