free website stats program Camping | Harley Davidson Forums

Camping

HDFatboylo

I'm going to take a 3 day trip, I'm going to camp for the first time off the bike.
I'm solo so I think a one person tent should be ok as long as it has a llittle extra room for stuff, also a lite weight small package sleeping bag.
Any suggestions?

I always like to travel light,I have used a 1 man tent in Sturgis, with a cheap air mattress, my jacket folded worked for a pillow:s

I have found when camping with a motorcycle that i need a 2 man tent if on my own as once i take all my gear off and unpack the bike the stuff takes a lot of room
i am getting to old to sleep on hard ground so i do use an air bed i tried lightweight sleeping bags but had to go back to thicker stuff as it can get cold around here at night
After your trip you will know what you should have had with you and then you will be better prepared next time

Brian

I have to agree with Bodeen here. As long as you can find something to tie it off to, this is the most comfortable ways to camp. If you go this route I find it works best if you spray the line attached to the tree with bug repellent.

Back