free website stats program Cam Change..... | Harley Davidson Forums

Cam Change.....

DYNAGUY

Will a screamin eagle race fueler support a cam change? Going with screamin eagle 207. Tech at dealer says with a little dyno time yes.:D

I looking for some advise on having some engine work done this winter. I' thinking a 103 kit with gear drive cams and se heads, and the crank welded and the main bearing mod done. Should I also go for the se cluthces and oil cooler. Are there ant other suggestions. I have the stage 1 ac and V&H 2 into 1 pro pipe and pc III. I'm not wanting outlandish Hp but I do want dependabilty.:bigsmiley18:

I looking for some advise on having some engine work done this winter. I' thinking a 103 kit with gear drive cams and se heads, and the crank welded and the main bearing mod done. Should I also go for the se cluthces and oil cooler. Are there ant other suggestions. I have the stage 1 ac and V&H 2 into 1 pro pipe and pc III. I'm not wanting outlandish Hp but I do want dependabilty.:bigsmiley18:

Keeping the V&H 2/1 or pondering true duals? get all the work done ,maybe do a dyno??? Doing alot of "in-town" riding with her?

I would go with the roller chain conversion before the gear drives. They are trouble free with the hydraulic tensioner now and quieter than the gear drives. You would need a bit more clutch if you are upgrading the engine. Either the SE upgrade to your present clutch or the VPC unit.

VPC installation instructions

Roller Chain Conversion - Harley Davidson Community

The dealerthat I was talking to when I got the pro pipe said it would be fine with the 103 and didn't get to outlandish on the cams. This is the first I've herd of on the roller chain, but would this affect the warnnty ?

The roller chain is standard equipment on the new bikes and is HD parts. As far as a warranty, if it were to be retrofitted into an older bike and especially done by a dealer, how could they complain?

The dealerthat I was talking to when I got the pro pipe said it would be fine with the 103 and didn't get to outlandish on the cams. This is the first I've herd of on the roller chain, but would this affect the warnnty ?

Cam choice will make all the difference in a 103.The cylinder shrouds the intake flow so try to choose a cam with an early intake opening to offset the deficient flow.I'm a big fan of Redshift cams so I'd say take a look at the 575TC grind.I've no experience with the roller conversion and it won't work with that cam so maybe it's a moot point.

Back