free website stats program Cam Bearing Failure? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cam Bearing Failure?

Tquenton1, I was referring to the inner bearing I should have said "needles on the front bearing came out of the cage instead of the rollers. Sorry about the mistake. I have never seen the outer bearing fail.

Tquenton1, I was referring to the inner bearing I should have said "needles on the front bearing came out of the cage instead of the rollers. Sorry about the mistake. I have never seen the outer bearing fail.

Yes, I know. But this thread from self-help deals with the outer ball bearing in the support plate. The three above are inner roller bearing failures like the engine you worked on:

Early Twin Cam Bearing Problem Identification - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Some interesting info here, thanks guys.

I said I wasn't gonna mess with my engine (leave stock or stage 2 thread) but sometimes we all start out with the best of intentions.... :D

I recently ordered the SE Pro Stage 2 Kit (29893-07A) as it comes with se255 cams and the 103" pistons and jugs. I already have the Stage 1 air intake and pipes so this kit should work well and the price seemed pretty reasonable.

When I swap out the cams, I probably will replace the inner cam bearings cause if nothing else, they are in-expensive and it cant do any harm.

Will let you know how things work out once the build is done.

Back