free website stats program Butt Buffer Seat Pad | Harley Davidson Forums

Butt Buffer Seat Pad

sixfix113

I want to get my Wife a butt buffer seat pad. We made our first long trip this past weekend about 2.5 hours away and she had to stop about every 45 minutes. We saw an ad about the Butt Buffer and I was wondering if anyone has tried it. We have another long trip comin up and want to help her out. Thanks

Sixfix113, welcome to HDTimeline...plenty of HD friends and enthusiastes to help make your ride and experience better as well as many self help tips.

As for a seat/pillion cover, I do not have experience with the Buff Buffer, but I have had good experience with the "Genuine Sheepskin Cover" by American Motorcycle Specialties. It has rubber coated metal hooks w/ Velcro backed nylon webbing straps that grip under the seat and lip. The Memory Foam w/ 3/4" Gel pad works great, the sizes are 11"L x 7"W one for the pillion #18000 and 12"W x 12"L for the pilot #18005 on my Sporty Drag Specialties seat respectively. My portion of the seat was comfortable already, I use it for extra comfort and to protect my leather seat. The website is Motorcycle Gel Seat Pads, Covers, Seatcovers & Tie-Downs or call 1-800-710-7237...cost is about $75-$95.

Here is a very cheap fix untill you find something, go to the local pharmacy, buy a inflatable butt tube, aka hemroid tube, these are about 8 to 10 inch in diameter, cost under $10.00, put in small amount air and than inside a black helmet bag, works better than a Air Hawk that cost close to $80.00 per seat. My wife uses the tube with evey ride, and we tried the Air Hawk, didn't think it was worth the money.

Back